Die Hard 5

Tools    

I really liked Die Hard 1,2 and 4, the third movie was not great but it was still okay.
I am looking forward to Die Hard 5

I really liked Die Hard 1,2 and 4, the third movie was not great but it was still okay.
I am looking forward to Die Hard 5
me to they should get another lethal weapon on the go aswell that would be cool.

I've never seen Die Hard. Should I put it in right now, I have a copy with me?

I repeat:

I've never seen Die Hard. Should I put it in right now, I have a copy with me?

If Len Wiseman is directing, is it safe to bet super hot kate beckinsale will be in the movie?

The last one was good. The plot may have been a little cheesy but overall it was an entertaining movie.

2 was the only one i didnt like...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This does not fill me with confidence.

Confirmed: Die Hard 5 has a director

Posted by Jon Peters on Aug 31, 2011

After some speculation, Deadline is confirming that Die Hard 5‘s director will be John Moore, who’s directed the Max Payne video game adaptation and the Omen remake.
Written by Skip Woods (The A-Team) the script is thought to bring John McClane and his son to Russia. Bruce Willis is certain to return to his iconic role with no word yet on the casting of his son. Though Scott Pilgrim’s Mary Elizabeth Winstead played McClane’s daughter in Live Free or Die Hard, her character’s brother was only mentioned offhand in that film and hasn’t been seen since then-child actor Noah Land played the role in the original Die Hard.
Of course, Die Hard 5 isn’t the official title. It’ll be interesting to see what Fox title’s it.

God, this is so stupid. I've never seen a more out of touch group of people than the people in Hollywood.

Die Hard 1, the only truly great film in the series, is a film that works so well and stands the test of time because it's a film about a man trying to reconnect with his estranged wife; both literally and metaphorically. There's a gap between their relationship in the begining of the film and a lteral gap is placed between them when the bad guys show up. This is a very basic and universal theme, to reconnect with the ones we love. McClane's motivation is so basic, and Willis plays him with such everyman sympathy, that the film is a rare action spectacle that stands the test of time.

And then came the second one. Directed by Renny Harlin who made one, yes, one good film his entire career (Cliffhanger). It's an exact replica of the first film, even to the point that McClane has to reconnect with the wife, only this time without the benifit of a pitch perfect metaphorical aspect. *yawn*

Die Hard with a Vengeance. Buddy cop film with McTiernan back behind the camera, thankfully he has an exciting visual flare. Fun to watch the Willis/Jackson chemistry and Jermey Irons is a wonderful bad guy. But there's nothing to this film other than a ton of illogical coincidences and pithy one-liners. WE've begun to really get away from what made the first one so good.

Live Free or Die Hard. Directed by a guy who has made no good films. Directed by a man who has never heard of the word subtle. Directed by a man who wishes he could be as talented as Michael Bay. McClane has exactly no motivation to get involved. He's old and should drop off anoying sidekick guy (I know the actor's name, I just don't think he deserves to be mentioned) and drive home. Period. Instead we get superhero antics from the character that brought us a realistic action hero! We've gone so incredibly far from what the original film was that this doesn't even deserve to be called a Die Hard film. It stretches credulity in every action set piece, Willis looks like he's on auto-pilot, the other authority figures in the film are even dumber than Agent Johnson and Special Agent Johnson, and McClane and his daughter interact as if this is the first time they've ever met. Anything that was good about the series has been completely ripped away by the vampires in Hollywood who are simply milking this cow for all it's worth.

Go see Die Hard 5, if you all want to, just remember why the first one was so damn good while you're watching it. For me, it'll just make me weep into my tub of popcorn.

Rant over.

Movie Forums Extra
I'll watch it just to be sure that it's as bad as 4-th

Loved the first. Really liked the third (I liked the puzzle aspect and thought it really worked). I checked out forever, though, when, in the fourth film (despite the awesome title), they "hacked" a fighter jet.

Kevin Smith should direct it
Unfortunately I can only rep you once for this.

This isn't directed at you in particular, winter-T, but I can't believe no one has called me full of crap for my post, yet. You guys are slacking off!