Movies That Have Put You to Sleep

Tools    

But if you view them as comedies, won't the disappointment a bit more than expected?..

My main problem with Twilight was the chemistry between the actors... it was pathetic & unrealistic..
Sparkly the vampire & Emo Girl have zero chemistry... same goes for Emo Girl & her dad...

The movie is loaded with cheap thrills for the teens.. Especially at the baseball match.

But if you view them as comedies, won't the disappointment a bit more than expected?..

Quite a few scenes were rather funny, though I expect that wasn't the intent of the filmmakers.

My main problem with Twilight was the chemistry between the actors... it was pathetic & unrealistic...
Wait, there were ACTORS in those films?

'Cause I certainly didn't notice any acting in them.

Quite a few scenes were rather funny, though I expect that wasn't the intent of the filmmakers.

Wait, there were ACTORS in those films?

'Cause I certainly didn't notice any acting in them.
Even bad actors sometimes show sign of good chemistry with co-stars..
Arnold is a living proof of that...

This movie is the greatest example of how foolish kids can be nowadays..
Atleast Harry Potter movies have good storylines & thrills..

Which scenes did you find funny?.. I honestly can't think of any.. except the one where they fly through the trees.

Atleast Harry Potter movies have good storylines & thrills..
Wait, they do? Could've fooled me.

Which scenes did you find funny?.. I honestly can't think of any.. except the one where they fly through the trees.
That was the funniest one. But also in the later movies any scene involving those terrible CG wolves.

She is better than those films!
o rly? What's she done lately?

o rly? What's she done lately?
I've always seen her as an actress who has yet to find the perfect role to really break out in. granted, she is still young but the Hounddog fiasco put her career back a few years hence her involvement in Twilight.

I honestly think her sister has chosen better movies but both of their careers are just starting IMO.

So you feel that Harry Potter movies are pathetic as the Twilight movies?

I feel they are far better.. & this comes from a non-Harry Potter lover
I would be a lot happier if my kids read/watched Harry Potter than Twilight.

So you feel that Harry Potter movies are pathetic as the Twilight movies?

I feel they are far better.. & this comes from a non-Harry Potter lover
I would be a lot happier if my kids read/watched Harry Potter than Twilight.
I'm not sure which series is more pathetic, but I actually find the Twilight movies more entertaining than HP.

As for which is more appropriate for children, eh... I couldn't say nor do I care as I have no children nor any intention of having any.

HP is easily better. For one thing, it's way more original.

watch stalker 1979, or solaris 1972 and then say that.
I've seen most of Stalker and, while I became bored and turned it off, I did think about watching it again and I most definately didn't fall asleep.

The trick to getting through the Twilight series (if ever you are forced to do so) is to view them as comedies.
That's a good idea. Though I've not had to see any of them (or even watch the trailers) if I did, I think heroin would be the best way to get through them.

HP is easily better. For one thing, it's way more original.
I'm sure they're better, but I don't think I'd say it's more original. In fact, for all it's strengths, originality is one thing that HP definately doesn't have.

I dozed off for a few minutes of Avatar, in the theaters. No one could tell because of the 3D glasses, unless I was drooling or something. It must have only been for a few minutes; I saw it again and realized I didn't miss much. Nodded off for a couple minutes of Where the Wild Things Are Too. This is what happens when your local theater serves beer.

Don't tell anyone, but at home I sometimes turn on movies to help myself fall asleep. They're always ones I've seen, but for some reason it's hard to fall asleep without moving images and dialogue.

I think "put to sleep" might be a figurative way of saying bored you to death. If you turned off a movie because it was so boring, I think that's essentially the same thing.

I'm sure they're better, but I don't think I'd say it's more original. In fact, for all it's strengths, originality is one thing that HP definately doesn't have.
I suppose. Now that I think about it there are a lot of these "kid magician" type things buzzing about.

I fell asleep in the movie theater watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in 1998. Which was actually a pretty good way to watch that movie, passing out somewhere early on and waking up in the middle of a dinosaur hallucination.

I fell asleep in the movie theater watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in 1998. Which was actually a pretty good way to watch that movie, passing out somewhere early on and waking up in the middle of a dinosaur hallucination.
I had a similar experience watching Altered States, except I woke up when there was a whirlwind in the apartment floor and the main character was now a he-wolf