Indiana Jones 5

Tools    

I'm not seeing this ending well...

Lebeouf isn't that bad, imo. He's not a particularly amazing actor, but he isn't cringeworthy either. Still, the character he played in Indy 4 was flawed at best, and he just didn't seem able to save it. I'm not looking forward to seeing that again.

All I can do is shake my head...

has anyone seen the south park episode about crystal skull? how they raped indy haha i thought there was no better way to put it, a new Indianna Jones movie would definitely be adding insult to injury, it would have been great if they left it as a trilogy but they didn't, George Lucas had to go and ruin it with a 4th and now maybe 5th one

Revenge is a meal best served cold.
I think South Park portrays my feelings on the later Indiana Jones sequel perfectly.

South Park hit it dead on. God, they just couldn't keep Lucas and Spielberg behind bars, could they? After all those heinous crimes...

I will hate to see more ovnies histories on this... Indiana Jones have so much potential to deal with excellent plots, like the first 2 movies for to start with

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
Originally Posted by June 16th, 2009 -- Written by John Campea
Shia LaBeouf Says Next Indiana Jones Is Happening

It’s funny… for all the bashing that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull got, it still ended up getting enough people to go see it multiple times that it ended up being the #2 world wide box office movie last year just behind The Dark Knight.
But even people like me (who moderately enjoyed the movie) acknowledge it was a let down of epic proportions. I’ve always said that if you called Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by another name (something other than an Indiana Jones movie) it probably would have felt like a much better film… but it WAS an Indiana Jones film and thus should have been a hell of a lot better than it was.
At any rate, with the movie making as much money as it did, this news comes as no surprise. Shia LaBeouf is now saying that the next Indiana Jones movie is indeed moving forward. The folks over at Coming Soon had this to say:
In an interview with BBC News, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf says that it looks like a follow-up to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is moving forward. “Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they’re gearing that up,” LaBeouf said.
Ok, I know I’m going to be in the VAST minority here… but I’m happy to hear this news. Not because I thought KOTCS was good… but because I’d love for them to take a shot at redeeming themselves for the mistakes in the last movie. I still love Indiana Jones and I want a GREAT movie about an older Jones. Even with all the mistakes there were some good things about the last movie… and I hope they can build on those and get rid of the trash. And please George… just let Steven direct the film his way.
I'd like to know what you guys think the film will be like. The Kingdom of the Crystal skull was an obvious let down, but do you think that redemption is possible - or at least in order. No dates really been set and no cast announced, but lets get a discussion going for this.

In the Beginning...
Here's my feeling. It's impossible to believe that after 20 years and a light-jump ahead in visual effects, we would be given a new Indiana Jones film that felt like it was made right after The Last Crusade. That's probably what we all wanted.

And yes, there are moments of extreme stupidity in the film. Moments. But what I have to give the film credit for, despite the lingering taint of George Lucas' love affair with grandstand filmmaking, is that there were just as many - if not more - signature Indy moments, too. Harrison Ford, aged though he might be, is still Indiana Jones. The fight in the military warehouse, the motorcycle chase: all classic Indy. I could even account for the weird Soviet, alien, nuclear development plot because it was just as much a cartoonish reflection of the 1950s as the previous films were of the 1930s.

I think you have to look at Crystal Skull as a film that couldn't be, after so many years, the perfect Indy capstone. So it decided to be the next best thing: a celebration (albeit imperfect) of everything that we love about Indiana Jones, and one more reunion before the franchise sets sail for good. Personally, I welcome another Indy film. As long as Indy is throwing punches, raiding tombs, and copping smirks, I'm there.

I still dont know what all the complaining is about? Did I go see KOTCS or something else? Cause I thought it was a pretty solid attempt and so did my 2 boys.

GUys its 2010. Times have changed. Harrison Ford is older. People still want "young indie" and old times...Its still there, but in bits and pieces. Its ok that is isnt as good as the other films. Its not that big of a deal.

It gave me what I was wanting. A new Indie movie. I hope there is another movie cause I will support it just like I have the other films.

Quit making more out of it then what it is..Its a flippin movie for godsake!!

Just a comment on the idea of making sequels to the indy series, this may not be the place. The thing I liked about actors of yester years and not too long ago yester years, I might say. Is that actors looked more grown up and the studio would use more grown up actors in these types of roles. Shea still looks like a kid that because he is. I liked the idea of Shea being in the last film I think his character was fitting within the subject matter. I just don't know if I could find it beileveable for Shea or anyone for that matter to take the spot of Harrison Ford. I say create a new series all together with a simular archetype or do something to the effect of the young indiana tv series were Shea would become more relevent to his stature.

Indiana Jones 5?!? The first three were great and the fourth was fine but come on enough is enough.

Indiana Jones 5 - Rumored Plot Details Revealed

Harrison Ford's final outing as Indiana Jones will be "emotional and exciting" as the franchise heads back to its roots after a badly received fourth instalment.

Ford is well-known for his portrayal of the archaeologist and adventurer, and has agreed to reprise the role one last time.

Indiana Jones 5 will begin shooting next year, and much of the plot line will be centred around the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft are said to have disappeared.

"George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source explained.

"Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

The last film in the franchise, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, was released in 2008 and performed well at the box office, but was savaged by critics.

Shia LaBeouf played Indiana's son Mutt Williams, and he will also appear in the new instalment.

Movie bosses have assured fans the film will stay true to the series' roots, and won't contain lots of state-of-the-art special effects.

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added.

Source: Stuff
Via: SpoilerTV

In the Beginning...
Movie bosses have assured fans the film will stay true to the series' roots, and won't contain lots of state-of-the-art special effects.

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added.
This is absolutely cause for celebration.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I'm excited. I think the Bermuda Triangle shows a lot of possibility. Hopefully no underwater aliens will show up and suck everyone into a tidepool or something. :P I'm glad things seem to be moving quickly

Every odd-numbered movie's good! Seriously, though: it's got a promising premise, some built-in heft given that they're flat-out stating it'll be Ford's last go, and the statement above indicates that they have some idea of why the fourth was disappointing, and what made the originals great. So far, so good.

This or Atlantis is probably a good idea.
I always liked the Middle East as a setting for these types of movie because of the years of history there.
I guess a reboot is out of the question cause you would need to recast Indy, but bad guys dont get better than Nazis!!! Damn.

Frank Marshall has just tweeted about the Indiana Jones rumors floating around the internet. Seems nothing is known whatsoever as of yet of the next Indy adventure.

The rumor about INDY 5 is completely false. Nothing has changed, we are not shooting next year and still in the research phase.