Television Tab

Tools    

Awesome start!

What the hell was this. The setting was so good. A shame the show doesn't seen to know where to go. Loved some characters and hated others. As a huge fan of titans (and the good old DC COmics), I've been avoiding this show since the first trailer, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.
gosh i used to love smallville back in the day

The Sons of Sam: A Descent Into Darkness (2021)

I really enjoyed this true-crime series. Fortunately, it doesn't show Terry's claims as the ultimate truth but remains mostly objective. His theories make an entertaining narrative, though, and there's definitely enough evidence to question the official truth. I wonder how many movies have been inspired by his book?

Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (2021)

Another true-crime series from Netflix. Interesting case, but I would have liked it to focus more on Ramirez (maybe an extra episode or two about his past and motives). The Sons of Sam above was much better paced and directed, in my opinion.

For some reason, I've been watching a lot of true crime on Netflix lately...

The Confession Killer

It's hard not to laugh at the incompetence of the police in this one. Why weren't those Rangers behind bars as well? By far the most hilarious of these documents, thanks to the failings of the US law enforcement at the time.

--
Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes

I'm pretty sure this is a quite watered-down story of Ted Bundy. The pacing feels off, and there must be a more interesting way to tell about the man. At least it makes me want to read a book about Bundy one day.

--
The Ripper

I'm sorry I'm a man and at least partially guilty... No, wait, I'm not. If I want to hear feminist preaching, I'd watch a woke Hollywood film. Keep that crap away from my true crime.

E.U.R.O.V.I.S.I.O.N

Quite good this year. Wanted Switzerland to win but really anyone other than that awful Malta song. So good night, except for our ****e song coming last, even Russia and Israel got more points than the UK...

E.U.R.O.V.I.S.I.O.N

Quite good this year. Wanted Switzerland to win but really anyone other than that awful Malta song. So good night, except for our ****e song coming last, even Russia and Israel got more points than the UK...
Still cannot believe this thing is still going strong. I hated it as a child. Such corny horrible songs. Abba anyone?

Yeah, ABBA are great.

I agree with you, @Nausicaä about this years contest. Really good and the best one for a long time. We got a little less than I thought we would but exactly what we deserved. I didn't think there was anything good about it at all. I disagree about Switzerland though, I thought it was awful, as was his performance and his clothes. However, my sister (who hates anything and everything French) was delighted by it because it was so awful. We both liked that he looked like 16 year old Tony Hadley who's nan had bought his jacket for him on the big night.

Personally I wanted Portugal to win, but thought Italy or Iceland would get it because of the public voting.

Currently on the 6th episode of the first season of Manhunt: Unibomber. Someone on YouTube placed this series as an equal to True Detective, I don't agree, really don't, I'd put it near Mindhunter in terms of structure, but this one doesn't have the heartbeat, the soundtrack, the camera work ... it's different. There's no distinct characteristic that I find in this series that lacked in the other two, that's why I don't place them in the same shelf. There's things in this series that are not in the documentary Unabomber: In His Own Words, so I'm skeptical if this is actually following true events, I'm sure they followed the investigation thoroughly, but maybe not the details about Ted Kaczynski. I'm interested in the subject, and I'm sure a lot of people are as well, that's why more series are now being made, I guess his Manifesto is now resonating with a lot of people. The guy had a bright future ahead but he took his social inadequacies to the extreme, but it's like Krishnamurti says: It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Just finished Brokenwood Mysteries Season 7 last week. It was fun

Duplicate Account (locked)
I'm happy that there's a sub-forum for this, as I feel movies and TV shows are almost the same genre. It took me a while to figure out where it was, maybe it could be a separate forum from misc./chat? I don't know, its all good with me.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Currently on the 6th episode of the first season of Manhunt: Unibomber. Someone on YouTube placed this series as an equal to True Detective, I don't agree, really don't, I'd put it near Mindhunter in terms of structure, but this one doesn't have the heartbeat, the soundtrack, the camera work ... it's different. There's no distinct characteristic that I find in this series that lacked in the other two, that's why I don't place them in the same shelf. There's things in this series that are not in the documentary Unabomber: In His Own Words, so I'm skeptical if this is actually following true events, I'm sure they followed the investigation thoroughly, but maybe not the details about Ted Kaczynski. I'm interested in the subject, and I'm sure a lot of people are as well, that's why more series are now being made, I guess his Manifesto is now resonating with a lot of people. The guy had a bright future ahead but he took his social inadequacies to the extreme, but it's like Krishnamurti says: It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

I enjoyed that one but I never trust recreations of things which have already occurred. They used a lot of factual elements but the conversations were made up from my understanding, also apparently the creators of the show gave that one cop way too much credit.

The long waited fifth season of Rick and Morty is out for some weeks now.

I liked the first season, a lot. Things like this were unheard:
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We’re all going to die. Come watch TV.
To live is to risk it all; otherwise you’re just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you.
Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you, but what people call ‘love’ is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed.
This space fascination is not my thing, I'm more concerned in understanding what's down here. I understand the use of space as a backdrop, to make a point about of how insignificant our worries, ideas, speculations, our will actually, and our attempts to control things really are. This show is kind of nihilistic, depressive, a little bit depressive, and it's fun to watch until it enters the monsters and stuff like that, all of which are used to make a philosophical point, but, not my thing.

Who's watching?

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
After Life (2019-20)

I saw both seasons couple of months ago.
Not bad. I'm mostly positive, at some moments it was a bit overdone though.

Just finished Mare Of Easttown, my friends wouldn't shut up with this series. Kate Winslet is indeed one of the finest actresses we know. This series dealt with depression, suicide... that's what I take from it, also Kate Winslet performance is very good, and I loved the chemistry with her mother (in the series), Jean Smart, very funny and special. If you like Kate, I advice you to watch this series, if not, well, I don't know.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Ozark (2017-20)

I've recently completed all three seasons of this one.
It is entertaining indeed. There are some banal irritating moments here and there that are typical for the TV productions.
Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are doing well here. Peter Mullan was also one of my favorites before they removed him in season 2.

Just finished Mare Of Easttown, my friends wouldn't shut up with this series. Kate Winslet is indeed one of the finest actresses we know. This series dealt with depression, suicide... that's what I take from it, also Kate Winslet performance is very good, and I loved the chemistry with her mother (in the series), Jean Smart, very funny and special. If you like Kate, I advice you to watch this series, if not, well, I don't know.
Definitely a must-see when I get around to it. Spectacular reviews.

Ozark (2017-20)

I've recently completed all three seasons of this one.
It is entertaining indeed. There are some banal irritating moments here and there that are typical for the TV productions.
Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are doing well here. Peter Mullan was also one of my favorites before they removed him in season 2.

We actually have an Ozark thread if you’re interested.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ighlight=Ozark