Steve Martin
30.77%
4 votes
Other
0%
0 votes
Other Again
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I went with Martin, Murphy, and Other. The other is Groucho Marx, whose ability to write movies that are still hilarious over 70 years later.

Martin and Murphy...well, there's little I need to say in that regard. Steve Martin is consistently hilarious across the board, be it through writing, stand-up comedy, or, of course, the movies. Brilliant timing and all the necessary exuberance. Murphy, I think, has the same basic talents. He hasn't been around as long, but by the time he's Martin's age I've got to imagine he'll be regarded at the same basic level.

Needless to say, Bowfinger was comedic nirvana to me.

I supose I should make my reply to my own thread and that is, my choices are Robin Williams because his classic work in Mrs Doubtfire, Flubber and other family films are just great entertainment without any offensive language, buttocks flashing on the screen and no real violence, he is brillently talented. My other choice was Eddie Murphey
, a funny person, he is the person who made the funny Negro in a movie, the funny Negro, talented and great style, which I still havent grown bored of.

(Also Bowfinger, which i currently have onloan, is great )

Get off my island
I like Steve Martin a lot, I haven't seen a film with him that I haven't liked yet.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

10 Greatest Comic Icon of all time:

PETER SELLERS
RICHARD PRYOR
GEORGE CARLIN
LENNY BRUCE
BILL HICKS
CHARLIE CHAPLIN
BUSTER KEATON
WALTER MATTHAU
JACK LEMMON
JOHN BELUSHI

I really like all of those listed but I had to go with Steve Martin… he always makes me laugh and most of his movies are just plain fun… … one of my other all time favorites is Buster Keaton… he was hilarious and I still try to figure out how on earth he did some of the things he did…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Martin Lawrence...........Danny DeVito..............Steve Martin.............Ali G..............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Put me in your pocket...
I love Steve Martin. He's my favorite! Yoda...I think you said it best. He's brilliant as a writer as well as a comedic actor. Out of all the comedic actors out there, I always look forward to seeing his movies. I can't say that about the others.

Speaking of which....I can't wait for Bringing Down the House to come out. It looks like it will be another winner. Yoda and Naisy...I also loved Bowfinger.

As far as all-time favorites I also love The Marx Brothers. I love the banter between Chico and Groucho.

I do like Eddie Murphy. He comes across intelligent and likeable as well as funny.

intelligent in Beverly Hills Cop but not quite so much in Showtime I knew you would say Groucho Anne (I hope you dont mind me calling you that) just because practically every signature from you has a Groucho quote in it

I See You When You're Sleeping
mr Martin, esp in Plains, Trains and Automobiles, Dirty Rotten Scounderals and Bowfinger.

I would also choose John Candy.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by Naisy
intelligent in Beverly Hills Cop but not quite so much in Showtime I knew you would say Groucho Anne (I hope you dont mind me calling you that) just because practically every signature from you has a Groucho quote in it
Naisy, I don't mind you calling me Anne or Annie at all.

I haven't seen Showtime (for some reason it doesn't call out to me to see it), but I'll take your word for it. I also love Murphy as a fast talking supporting character. He was great as the small dragon in Mulan and donkey in Shrek.

I guess I should change my Groucho signature.
There are a few Mae West quotes I love and was thinking about changing to....but they may be a bit too saucy.

Showtime was one of those movies that didnt appeal to me either, but I saw it for ten dollars at my video store one day and thought, I might as well (since someone else was paying). It turned out to be one of the better buys, some great laughs in it, I suggest at least one viewing some time.

Get off my island
Really? My magazine declares that Robert de Niro will either be known as "The Greatest Actor of His Generation" or "The Twat Who Made Showtime"

Showtime wasnt brillent, but your magazine is my opinion false, Showtime was that old humour that you get from movies like Bowfinger, its that harmless fun, personally you have to see it, to know what im talking about, but for me it seemed good enough to be called good.

Get off my island
Okeydoke I'll check it out some time when I have £5 to waste

Get off my island
haha, lol, roflmao