Here Comes the Groom (1951)---Recommended?

Tools    

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Frank Capra's 1951 musical comedy Here Comes the Groom

Netflix Description:
Foreign correspondent Pete Garvey (Bing Crosby) wants to adopt two war orphans, but there's a catch: He must marry within a week. Garvey returns from Europe to Boston, where he discovers that his longtime girlfriend, Emmadel (Jane Wyman), has become engaged to someone else. Pete must win her back -- fast -- or he'll lose the kids

The plot looks like something I'd like to see, but I don't want to spend two hours on it if it's not what I'm looking for. A lot of times the description doesn't really match the storyline, and I worry that's what will happen here. Not to mention, I'm not in it for the musical part. Heck, I'll probably just skip the songs.

I'm sure someone around here has seen it. Would you recommend it? Why/why not? And is that the actual plot?

Thanks, CQ.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That is basically what the plot is, so it's not really false advertising. It's cute and fast-paced although it's a lesser Capra film, but it does have many cast members from his stock company. You'd better not fast forward the songs since after all, this is a Bing Crosby film. I'd give it a 6/10, but you may like it better.

Semper Fooey
I haven't seen it, but has a bad reputation. I saw the other one he did with Crosby which has a better reputation and it was mediocre, but fun to see Oliver Hardy in a cameo without Stan Laurel. I sat through the movie waiting for him to show up.

I saw Hole in the Head. Would need a hole in the head to watch it again, but has a good song and Edward G. is funny.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Thanks, marky and will. I'll probably give it a go. I'm glad to hear the plot's the same. That's what I was really wondering about. I heard mixed reviews on it, will. That's part of the reason I asked. Wanted to hear it from some Mofos. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get a chance to watch it.

Semper Fooey
A much better Crosby movie with a somehat similar plot without Capra is Little Boy Lost, but try to find that from the neglected director George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street).

I look forward to seeing what you think of it. It's on my list of "to watch" Capra movies, but there are several others I'd like to see first.