Movies you thought you would hate but really liked

Tools    

The 2013 Fright Night 2, i hated the 2011 remake and was turned off by seeing part 2 as i enjoyed the 1985 original and part 2 in 1988, this 2013 Fright Night 2 which is a remake/remix of 1985 FN and 1988 FN 2 is everything the 2011 horrible remake should had been.
What did you dislike about the 2011 remake? I thought it was quite strong--good performances and some memorable sequences (such as the pool scene or the part with the woman dying). I felt that it's only misstep was making the professional antagonist this Chris Angel-style magician, but other than that I thought it was really good. And I'm a huge fan of the original.

In recent memory, The Intern does come to mind. I knew I would hate it. De Niro's career was at the time mostly just doing Dirty Grandpa stuff (a movie which I hate to the core, coz its just crass) and Hathaway is always a hit or a miss, but I was quite surprised at how good the movie turned out to be. Delightful!

The most recent Invisible Man movie from earlier this year fits this for me. Despite loving Elizabeth Moss, my expectations could not have been lower going into it, even with Leigh Wannell directing. The premise was just too dumb....but the reviews were solid, and my first watch with the movie was good enough that I rented it for my wife to watch as soon as it came out on DVD.

Flower Drum Song...avoided it for years because I thought it would be boring and wouldn't be able to relate to the Asian characters. Watched it this past weekend and I really enjoyed...loved the songs and Hermes Pan's choreography.

I did not like Bruce Willis, so I avoided The Sixth sense. Ended up liking it. I also liked Bruce in 12 Monkeys.

I remember when Shakespeare in Love came out. I was not to crazy about Ben Affleck and the movie was popular so naturally I avoided it until somebody recommended it to me personally. I like it a lot.

I've been avoiding 12 Monkeys and I'm not sure why...never been much of a sci-fi guy, but I do love Willis and Pitt and it did earn Pitt is first Oscar nomination. Someday I will break down and watch it.

I've been avoiding 12 Monkeys and I'm not sure why...never been much of a sci-fi guy, but I do love Willis and Pitt and it did earn Pitt is first Oscar nomination. Someday I will break down and watch it.

I watched it because of Gilliam. I think it is a good movie, give it a go. it is probably my favorite Pitt performance

It's not very sci-fi-ish, more of a mysterious thriller drama with some interesting twists. Gilliams best without a doubt. Deep, clever and highly entertaining with top notch acting. Willis' best performance IMO. However, you need to pay attention the whole time to get the most of it or you may lose your thread. So turn off your phone and any social media apps on your computer that could interrupt your journey with message alerts and such. If you do that then it's not like you'll need to see it a second time to understand it or anything, though you might end up doing so anyway