Hello!

This is a long shot, but I once stood in as drummer for a great little student band called Resin. And I've found some old recordings (both of them playing their songs properly, and of the jam itself, which is a bit more wonky )

Just posting this randomly here as it might make a tiny blip on a search engine. Resin guys, PM me here if you want digi copies of the stuff, for it all to be destroyed utterly, or just to chat nonsense

I remember very little, as I was very, very stoned, all the time. But what I think I remember is:

• Lovely guy from Oman on guitar, vocals and tiny (Casio?) keyboard, used live with a tiny connection wire. And possibly a tiny chair. Or required sitting on the floor for gigs? (Possibly there was some playing lying down too. That sounds right.)
  • Giant cheerful Viking bass player, with long hair & beard. Did a huge 'evil' laugh at end of one long proggy track.
  • Young talented lead guitarist + vocalist called Mirrick or Merrick or similar. Did great things with a spoon. Didn't rate my drumming
  • Their normal drummer was a pianist.
  • Tracks included Purple Morning, and one with the lyrics 'And if you catch a fish, and cut it open, and find a diamond, then you must be ****kkking luckkkky' . Also some screaming.
All this at Durham university. I guess around 1996, 1997 maybe?