Casting the New Doctor Who

Tools    

Cause massive controversy and bring back Tennant. He was one of the most charismatic Doctors in history and would cause a massive wave of stink and joy for the fans.
Stink and Joy . You've really caught the zeitgeist there.

Any more suggestions? Man, woman or beast ?

I would prefer a younger doctor again. Gives a little more freedom in action. What's the Charlie bit my finger kid doing these days? He has the emotional range for the doctor.

I would prefer a younger doctor again. Gives a little more freedom in action.
Yeah, I think that will happen this time. Mid-30s probably.

I'm a very recent dr who fan been binging them on Netflix for a few months. I have been skeptical on pretty much all the incoming doctors and with five episodes I've been sold, I completely expect the same thing to happen again

I'm a very recent dr who fan been binging them on Netflix for a few months. I have been skeptical on pretty much all the incoming doctors and with five episodes I've been sold, I completely expect the same thing to happen again
I think what's really interesting is how certain Doctors evolved during their time on the show. I mean Peter Davison's an unusual example because all of his early stories were filmed out of order. I think Castrovalva, broadcast first, was made fourth, with Four to Doomsday being the first one he filmed. He's so different in that story to how he is later and it must have been very peculiar to see second in the season.

Patrick Troughton's very different in his initial few stories and gets more and more comedic as time goes on. Tom Baker has roughly four different styles during his 7 years. I liked both of them as they were right at the beginning and it proved exactly the same with Peter Capaldi.

Humm, so Kris Marshall's name seems to keep coming up as the next replacement and 'has actually got the part'. Do you think it's true?

This is him for those who don't know the actor:

Not really. His name has cropped up before and I don't think it would be the most exciting choice in the world.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm not a Who fan and I dont know who he is but I've seen this trending on fb this morning.

For those who don't know yet, the new Doctor is revealed on Sunday here in Britain after the Wimbledon finals:

Apparently it's 'rumoured' to be between two people - Kris Marshall, and Jodie Whittaker.

Jodie Whittaker:

Apparently it's 'rumoured' to be between two people - Kris Marshall, and Jodie Whittaker.

Jodie Whittaker
So I understand. James D'Arcy was getting a mention yesterday as well. There's a lot of interest around the actors that appeared in Broadchurch obviously – maybe they should give that David Tennant fella a go.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Impossible I suppose in the age of internet spoilers, but I would have liked for the new doctor just to appear in the show when the regeneration happens, not to be announced months before.

Impossible I suppose in the age of internet spoilers, but I would have liked for the new doctor just to appear in the show when the regeneration happens, not to be announced months before.
Yeah, it needs to happen like that one day. They could have done it with Christopher Eccleston had the BBC not caused him to leave the series. As it was I think we were told around the broadcast of The End of the World that he was only doing one season and fans went ballistic.

James D'Arcy could be interesting.
I remember him being very good in a Colin Baker "Lost Story", Paradise 5. He was alongside Alex Macqueen, who later played the Master in the Big Finish Audios. They're excellent stories those, and the Sixth Doctor benefited from so many unmade scripts that could be turned into audio productions.

Not hugely excited about that choice, but I was proven wrong when they cast Catherine Tate so I'll reserve judgement until we see her in action.

^ I adored Catherine Tate in the companion role and also wasn't keen on the choice of her at first.

Even though I said I'd rather have a man playing the role, I'm actually very happy it's ended up not being Kris Marshall and it's gone to her. Jodie Whittaker is an excellent actress and with news they are going in a different direction script/tone wise, I'm looking forwards to the new series immensely. Be interesting to see if they let her keep her 'Yorkshire' accent or change the accent like they did with David Tennant.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the reveal sequence:

Be interesting to see if they let her keep her 'Yorkshire' accent or change the accent like they did with David Tennant.
Lots of planets have a North. But do they also have a Yorkshire?

The Thirteenth Doctor is Jodie Whittaker
And some people are losing their mind. Personally, I'm interested to see how it goes. Something tells me she'll do just fine.

Unless a riot breaks out and they start demanding a gender swap of the gender swap.