Texas Chainsaw Massacre Reboot

Tools    

I didn't mind Heather's age as I am not immune to the charms of Alexandra Daddario, but I also don't get too fussed about continuity in these cases.

TBH I think the horror of the original is a little too specific to make it easy material for good sequels, so not entirely surprised there have been so few well liked entries in the series.

I think a better franchise to revive would be the Friday the 13th series, but I understand the rights situation is a mess. A simpler concept and easier to riff on, IMO.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I think a better franchise to revive would be the Friday the 13th series, but I understand the rights situation is a mess. A simpler concept and easier to riff on, IMO.
Well, here's the situation with Friday....Victor Miller was given the rights only of the original film, but doesn't own the rights to the adult Jason Voorhees. This is where the mess lies. Sean Cunningham did post an appeal but later withdrew it for technical reasons. Miller only owns the original film's rights but he does want to get involved with a new installment or reboot but it all lies with the rights of adult Jason from what I read.

There was a similar case with Child's Play. MGM only owned the rights to the original film so they were allowed to remake it, which they did. They did ask creator Don Mancini, who hated the concept and flat out refused. With Universal having the rights to all the sequels, this allowed Mancini to continue with the upcoming series Chucky after all the film sequels.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The film will be simply called Texas Chainsaw Massacre and it is naturally given an R-Rating.