PHILOMENA
53.06%
26 votes
12 YEARS A SLAVE
12.24%
6 votes
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET
49 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I've managed to see all the Best Picture nominations this year. I still think 12 Years a Slave will take it, but Nebraska and American Hustle are my favourites. Hard to choose between them. Here's my ranking:

1. American Hustle
2. Nebraska
3. The Wolf of Wall Street
4. 12 Years a Slave
5. Her
6. Captain Phillips
7. Gravity
8. Philomena
9. Dallas Buyers Club

Philomena is the only one I haven't seen

1. The Wolf of Wall Street
2. Dallas Buyers Club
3. 12 Years a Slave
4. American Hustle

5. Captain Phillips
6. Gravity

7. Nebraska
8. Her

Ghost In The Machine
Gravity - Cinematography and Special Effects, but not enough meat in it for Best Film. Wolf of Wall Street - far too morally bankrupt and misogynistic for the powers that be to award it Best Film. Captain Phillips - too middle of the road! Her - not middle of the road enough! Dallas Buyers Club, Philomena and Nebraska - there to make up the numbers. American Hustle - not quite good enough to stop 12 years a slave winning Best Film.

I've not seen Captain Phillips or Nebraska, but here's how I'd rank the other seven:

1. Her
2. The Wolf of Wall Street
3. Dallas Buyers Club
4. 12 Years A Slave
5. Philomena
6. Gravity
7. American Hustle

I'm still waiting for a better release of Philomena (which should be due very soon) but other than that 12 Years a Slave gets my vote.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I'm rooting for Gravity but 12 Years will most likely win.

Awwwww.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I watched Nebraska today, so here's my new ranking:

1. Her
3. Dallas Buyers Club
4. 12 Years A Slave
5. Nebraska
6. Philomena
7. Gravity
8. American Hustle

Hopefully I'll get around to watching Captain Phillips before Oscar night.

are these most popular movies ?

1. Her
2. Gravity
3. 12 Years a Slave
4. Dallas Buyer's Club
5. The Wolf of Wall Street
6. Nebraska
7. Captain Phillips
8. Philomena
9. American Hustle

In general? Who hates it? I liked it okay the first time, but found it disappointing. I liked it a little less the second time but definitely didn't hate it. I don't think it deserves the accolades it's received, but that's not the same as hate.

Final Ranking:

1. Her
3. Dallas Buyers Club
4. 12 Years A Slave
5. Captain Phillips
6. Nebraska
7. Philomena
8. Gravity
9. American Hustle