Christmas favorites

Tools    

What are some movies that you like to watch during the Christmas season? I like to watch It's A Wonderful Life. In fact, I'm watching it right now.

That's one of my Top 5 Favorite movies of all time! It's mazing...other than that, I just watch all the Christmas movies all the networks play every single year

I always watch Sound of Music, When Harry Met Sally, and White Christmas sometime from 12/15 to 1/5...lol. It's tradition. I don't remember what I saw before Sally was released though...most likely Holiday Inn.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
The only movie I watch every year around Xmas time is A Christmas Story. Love that movie.

Watch "The Christmas Story." You'll shoot your eyes out.

Mine has to be "Holiday Inn" with Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby. The movie where "White Christmas" was first sung.

SCROOGED with Bill Murray

Didn't see it.
My favorites, with the best first, are:
  • A Christmas Story
  • Miracle on 34th Street (With Mara Wilson, Richard Attenborough, etc.)
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Christmas in Connecticut
  • Die Hard
  • Home Alone
  • The Santa Clause
  • Scrooged
  • Holiday Inn (I'm not really into musicals, but this one has all the classic songs.)
Praise the Lord for my ALT-P and ALT-S. Oh, and praise Chris also.

Didn't see it.
We just watched Miracle on 34th Street again today. That movie is very good. Mara Wilson is just precious in it.

Didn't see it.
I almost forgot "Shop Around the Corner."

The Muppet's Christmas Carol is great for laughs around this time of year.

And how about Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas?

Originally posted by Czar
The Muppet's Christmas Carol is great for laughs around this time of year.

And how about Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas?
That's one of my favorite movies - was my favorite for awhile, back when I was, uh, dumb.

I think "What's This" is one of the better songs in any animated movie you'll find, right up there with "Be Our Guest"

A Wish for Wings That Work

I always enjoyed "Scroodge" made in 1951. A real masterpiece. I remember looking at it at the age of 6 and still enjoying it time after time. Although many re-productions followed and even Disney and the Muppets dared to make a version of it, they didn't even get close.

Another proof that old movies doesn't have to be bad.

Visit my movie forum below made 4U!
Christmas Story
Jingle all the way - Who likes to see Arnold running around looking for a toy, LOL!

OK. It's my favorite. All I can remember is that it's REALLY old and it has a guy whos all white and obsessed with cold and his brother is obsessed with hot and his lair is like all red. It's a really old movie. I can't remember if it's the same one with the misfits and Father Time and new Baby time. I think Ruldoph might also be in it... I could be wrong....

Originally Posted by Mousey350
OK. It's my favorite. All I can remember is that it's REALLY old and it has a guy whos all white and obsessed with cold and his brother is obsessed with hot and his lair is like all red. It's a really old movie. I can't remember if it's the same one with the misfits and Father Time and new Baby time. I think Ruldoph might also be in it... I could be wrong....

It's called "A Year Without Santa Claus" (1974) and you're remembering the rivalry between the Heat Miser and the Snow Miser. It's another of those Rankin/Bass stop-motion Christmas-themed productions that also include "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (1964), "Rudolph's Shiny New Year" (1976), "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" (1970) and "The Little Drummer Boy" (1968).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra