Chick Flicks That suprised you

Tools    

is Annie Hall considered a chick flick cause that's a great romance/comedy type film. Titanic is fine for a chick flick although the film is so bloated and heavily,heavily overrated.
I wouldn't say Annie Hall as chick flick. For chick flicks are restricted to chicks and the center focal point of the movie, e.g. Charlie's Angels.

I wouldn't say Annie Hall as chick flick. For chick flicks are restricted to chicks and the center focal point of the movie, e.g. Charlie's Angels.
I see, chick flicks are flicks were chicks are the main characters?
So, these are some chick flicks that impressed me:

- Late Spring
- Tokyo Story
- PMMM the movie parts 1 & 2
- Only Yesterday

If you classify as chick flicks movies made for chicks, then Only Yesterday also qualifies.

If you can class them as chick flicks, i'd say Sense and Sensibilty and Clueless. I loved both SAS was at 15 on my 90's list and Clueless wasn't that far from making it. When Harry Met Sally is also a great Rom-Com.

but now you have my attention
Just a few I'm glad I gave time for.

Beaches
Steel Magnolias
For the boys
Color Purple

The Holiday,charming cast,excellent entertainment.
I so agree with you - The holiday, although I don't like chick flicks usually surprised me ,great cast apart from Jack Black however in this he was pretty good

Mean Girls is a classic.

I so agree with you - The holiday, although I don't like chick flicks usually surprised me ,great cast apart from Jack Black however in this he was pretty good
Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz together in The Holiday,great idea.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
See, I usually like romantic comedies and I like Kate Winslet, but I thought The Holiday was terrible. Not funny at all.
IMO The Holiday was watchable, but there was nothing great about it. but there's worse films. I give it 4.5/10

An oldie called Always in my Heart with Kay Francis and Walter Huston. Great movie about real people and real problems. Also cool music by Borrah Minevitch and his Harmonica Band. They played everything from classical to swing.

Devil Wears Prada. It was quite an education as well.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
As far as movies dominantly consisting of females, I was very shocked with Lord of the G-String. For those that don't know, it's a dazzling tale about young throbbit, Dildo Baggins and his quest to rid the world of the devilish G-string. Peter Jackson did an adaptation of it, and it was more successful. Kind-of like how The Departed did better than Infernal Affairs.