Coronavirus

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm reckoning that when the common cold and flu were new, they killed loads, then after adjustment in the human immune system, they killed fewer... CoVid-19 will do the same.
Kills loads... then the following year, kill fewer.
Except the cold virus and the flu virus aren't just a single virus. There are something like 55 different cold viruses, which is why you can get a cold more than once. Or the flu more than once.

With COVID-19, we still don't know how it will act/morph over the next years. Might have to get a slightly different shot every year like a flu shot. You know, once shots are even in the pipeline for the common person.

This is exactly the kind of speculation I have been politely asking you to stop. I'm going to remove this stuff going forward, please rein it in. Thank you.
How about garlic? Have they even tried garlic? Give raw garlic to someone with the virus and see what happens? We need garlic trials.

I was asking what other people thought in a thread about what possibly could go against and help people against Covid19. I just wont comment on these threads about anything anymore. I'll just do my threads and not bother you with how my stupid mind works. I dont know the answers so its why a person asks questions.

I don't think it's stupid, I just think it's a bad fit for a situation where nobody knows exactly how this works and getting accurate information can be hard.

We could all do a better job, myself included, of Googling and reading up on things before wondering about them, though. It's just particularly important now of all times.

Well my overall attempt is suggesting way does or did all plagues before end in the Spring cause this has the Swine Flu pattern under Clinton but before George W Bush. I was distracted by my cat having kittens at this moment. To answer Yoda comment more quickly

I just came back from a long shopping day, ugh! What a weird experience that was....The streets were near empty. The clerks in Wallmart were way stressed out. The shelves were half empty, or half full for the optimist. But why, oh why would people buy out all the flour? Flour? I mean come on nobody bakes these days. Well I do, but I never thought I'd see flour absent from the shelves.

I counted 3 people in Wallmart wearing face mask and in Costco I counted 33. Think about that for awhile. Both stores had about the same number of customers and I spent about 30 minutes in each store too. Very weird I tell ya.

The Adventure Starts Here!
All the dry goods are leaving the shelves. And people ARE baking. All my friends are doing what they're calling stress-baking. Things like flour, pasta, rice, noodles ... all flying off the shelves. People are thinking long-term stockpiling with items that last.

Ironically, everyone here is reporting that fresh produce is still plentiful. Some are saying it's because they won't touch "loose" foods touched by others. That seems odd, though. You usually wash produce anyway. Are these people washing those cardboard containers of pasta (you know, the cardboard that can apparently hold onto the virus for days)? Are they washing their canned goods when they get home? What about that ground beef? Washing that too?

Anyway, for whatever reason, folks are filling their pantries. That includes flour for cooking and baking.

Meanwhile, I would still like to see a store here that restocks its toilet paper for the under-60 crowd that is not shopping at 6 a.m.

Personally as far as this huge trillion dollar bill goes I am pretty disappointed in both parties. Get it done already and leave the extra crap out.

Personally as far as this huge trillion dollar bill goes I am pretty disappointed in both parties. Get it done already and leave the extra crap out.
Right!
Focus on the matter at hand and only that because it's an immediate situation. Lives are in the balance.

(They can always go back to their wish lists and hidden agendas later!)

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I just came back from a long shopping day, ugh! What a weird experience that was....The streets were near empty. The clerks in Wallmart were way stressed out. The shelves were half empty, or half full for the optimist. But why, oh why would people buy out all the flour? Flour? I mean come on nobody bakes these days. Well I do, but I never thought I'd see flour absent from the shelves.

I counted 3 people in Wallmart wearing face mask and in Costco I counted 33. Think about that for awhile. Both stores had about the same number of customers and I spent about 30 minutes in each store too. Very weird I tell ya.

Very weird, indeed! I have NO idea how you got in and out of either of those stores in under 30 minutes!

After a little research it appears my issue has been the way I've been drying my hands.
Use a towel instead of the poor lil pups in future?

You ready? You look ready.
Horrible horrible news coming out of Spain.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Stimulus package passed. No specifics yet, just broad strokes, but it sounds like it'll be close to what was discussed in terms of short-term cash payments, small business loans, larger industry loans, etc.

Took a few more days than it should have, but still a quick turnaround for something of this size. My hope is that, even if the tangible effect is moderate, it'll help a lot of people calm down and realize things are not falling apart. What we really need--especially in 10-14 days--is buy-in and perseverance from people.

You ready? You look ready.
Stimulus package passed. No specifics yet, just broad strokes, but it sounds like it'll be close to what was discussed in terms of short-term cash payments, small business loans, larger industry loans, etc.

Took a few more days than it should have, but still a quick turnaround for something of this size. My hope is that, even if the tangible effect is moderate, it'll help a lot of people calm down and realize things are not falling apart. What we really need--especially in 10-14 days--is buy-in and perseverance from people.
I'm just glad to see the restrictions in place on the corporate side of things.