Coronavirus

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Toilet paper makes no sense. It’s a cough. Not the trots.
It's the idea that folks might need to self-quarantine for weeks on end. Apparently a lot of people do not keep large amounts of toilet paper in their houses. We tend to buy paper products in bulk (toilet paper, tissues, paper towels), so we're fine here. But other people only have a few rolls in their house at any given time ... and therefore would not be ready to be stuck at home for two weeks or more.

A trip to my small town Foodland yesterday was business as usual. Nothing amiss. No extra customers. Shelves stocked. And on Monday a new Arby's opened up near my house too, our town's first/only drive-thru food place. Lines have been out the door, and the drive-thru wait time has been at least 20 minutes any time I've gone by. You'd think nobody here had ever eaten at an Arby's before.

They must be giving out rolls of Charmin in their kids' meals.

You ready? You look ready.
Toilet paper makes no sense. It’s a cough. Not the trots.
It's the idea that folks might need to self-quarantine for weeks on end. Apparently a lot of people do not keep large amounts of toilet paper in their houses. We tend to buy paper products in bulk (toilet paper, tissues, paper towels), so we're fine here. But other people only have a few rolls in their house at any given time ... and therefore would not be ready to be stuck at home for two weeks or more.
I understand the “logic” but I certainly don’t agree with it.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Oh, I don't mean "not allowed." I mean they won't want to or have much reason to.

That's entirely possible. A great fear of the virus is sweeping the world and it may keep people from enjoying life.

That's entirely possible. A great fear of the virus is sweeping the world and it may keep people from enjoying life.
I'm having home made chocolate chip cookies in a few minutes, to me that's enjoying life

Point being actors travel allot and Any place over seas is a risk long time ago. But Actors are doing a job like anyone else who works over seas. US soldiers stationed all over the world are at risk really as well.

I'm having home made chocolate chip cookies in a few minutes, to me that's enjoying life
Nothing like home made cookies or hot betty crocker oven Brownies

I understand the “logic” but I certainly don’t agree with it.
Oh, me neither. We always buy paper products in bulk, so we are well stocked with TP, tissues, paper towels, antibacterial wipes, etc. Always have that stuff on hand here. And plenty of hand soap.

The tougher part is, of course, items such as fresh produce and dairy items that don't freeze well. But hey... we'll make things work here. Our small town grocery store was perfectly normal yesterday so I am encouraged.

They must be giving out rolls of Charmin in their kids' meals.
Now that really is a charmin' idea, though 'with' would be far, far better than 'in' imo

Now that really is a charmin' idea, though 'with' would be far, far better than 'in'
I was picturing the little boxes they typically put kids' meals in -- and that usually includes tossing in the toy.

I was picturing the little boxes they typically put kids' meals in -- and that usually includes tossing in the toy.
And now you've got me picturing things I'd really rather not picture at this time of the morning .... or any time at all come to think of it (pun intended)

Damn, I gotta buy some tp. Hope there's some left! Maybe some of you have seen this. This guy is the real deal and breaks it down pretty well. Wish there was more of this floating around.

People here are genuinely amused at the toilet paper thing happening in the west. I mean, we understand the reason which is stockpiling, but still.

PS: We wash, don't wipe . Always have.

Our Walmart was out of T Paper and Sugar and Flour. But The Doller General Store was fully stocked. We didnt need toilet paper was there for Milk Bread and Butter. But got T paper and sugar anyways.

Crazy how walmart sold out in a day here. I think Im most confused that people are panicing so much. From Gov down to people. I mean I dont recall but did things like this happen with Bird or Swine flu and I believe more people died from those in the USA. I think our biggest issue is Trump is our symbol of peace and strength and people dont think he can prevent or handle any crisis.

Well, My university has closed down until at least the 31st of march and so have all sports clubs and things like that in the entire country. For now, everyone can just keep up with their courses themselves, but if the university can't open for the exams that we have in 5 weeks things might get a lot more problematic. I guess I won't leave the house too much over the next few weeks... At least there should be plenty of time to watch films