21st Hall of Fame

Tools    

This one is really a toss up. Could be any of 5 films winning.
At this point there are two films that will likely win, Suspect will decide which one.

The trick is not minding
This one is really a toss up. Could be any of 5 films winning.
At this point there are two films that will likely win, Suspect will decide which one.
No pressure Suspect! 😏

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
.....I choose neither!!!!!!

Suspect's Reviews

.....I choose neither!!!!!!
Hey you might accidentally choose both and make it a tie

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Hunt

Mob mentality is sickening and movies like this make me almost physically ill when innocence is thrown out of the window and I see people as a group making decisions they shouldn't. The Hunt is a movie about a serious topic and one that shines a light on false accusations. The wrinkle here is that the accuser is someone who doesn't really understand or know any better and nothing is really vindictive about it. Which makes the whole thing a little more depressing.

Mikkelsen usually has a villainous vibe about him, so it was refreshing to see him as a normal person and one that I immediately felt sympathy for. The film makes it easy to hate some people and hard to hate others. As the parents of the accuser, I can only imagine what their thought process was like and as a parent myself, I find it difficult to fault them for how they react.

Interesting the film doesn't go for the Doubt route and have the audience question whether he is innocent or not, we know all the information right from the start and when his own child's safety is in question, everything rings true to today's times. How often are people thrown under the bus with very little to no information or evidence. This was a good angle to take and one I appreciate seeing. Good nomination.

The trick is not minding
Prediction time!
The Hunt takes this. Pretty sure it was the best reviewed film here. I’d have to go back and look again, but everyone seemed to have (mostly) enjoyed it.

Wow, our top three
73 points

Suspect brought one certain nomination verrrrry close to winning

I don't see Pride listed here, don't remember if it was reviewed or not. Just curious. @edarsenal
He sent his list in, just hasn't reviewed Pride yet.

The trick is not minding
Wow, our top three
73 points

Suspect brought one certain nomination verrrrry close to winning
Reminds me of Western II HOF. Was a very close finish between the top 3.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I don't see Pride listed here, don't remember if it was reviewed or not. Just curious. @edarsenal
He sent his list in, just hasn't reviewed Pride yet.
yeppers. Was going to write it out last night but things were hectic at work, so, hopefully, it'll be tonight to post my review.
Naw, only when I'm the very last one voting. Then, definitely

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Pride

Bromley: They called us perverts.
Mark: Bromley, it's time for an important part of your education. Hands up, in this room, if you've ever been called a name like that.
[all the guys raise their hands]
Mark: Now, there is a long and honorable tradition in the gay community and it has stood us in good stead for a very long time. When somebody calls you a name... am I right Jonathan?
Jonathan: Dead right.
Mark: You take it and own it.

Set during the Miners' Strike during 1984-5, this is based on actual events and people, which I did not know going in, making for quite the delightful history lesson for me.

What a truly lovely film.
I completely enjoyed this and it had a beautiful message at the very heart of it that rose above the conflicts, judgments, hatred and the genesis of the AIDS virus that would take away far FAR too many beautiful, wonderful people during that time. With a number actors/actresses I've enjoyed and loved seeing here.

It could be said that the basic premise and may of the side stories are almost repetitive in so many other films and similar stories; but then, those very stories were lived and experienced over and over and over again by so many, everywhere; and this was a major turning point for those who lived (and died) during those times. Pride did a splendid job of bringing the celebration of togetherness which is something that should be applauded.

BRAVO

So.... we’re officially finished! Reveal Friday or Saturday? Which do you all prefer? I can’t really give a definite time frame specifically but if anything works I’ll likely do it in the evening on Friday (CT)