Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
But MoFo is not hostile towards me.

You, the individual, among thousands here, is. Why I would leave the site because you want to? You could pay me to leave, like a thousand dollars, though.
Deal

Bergman would disagree in regards to which version should be recommended on movieforums? Not sure he would have put too much thought into it to be honest.
Considering they cut 2 hours of his TV series when it aired on cinemas, yes, he hated the film version of his TV series.

The writing in that scene is really corny - it's like from a daytime soap opera. Most of PMMM wasn't that bad so it's weird you are pointing it out - unless you want to show it is overly melodramatic.
Too bad you didn't like it. You don't understand the aesthetic power of corny lines.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Too bad you didn't like it. You don't understand the aesthetic power of corny lines.
This is really rude. It's not a lack of understanding! Stop asserting yourself as superior

Considering they cut 2 hours of his TV series when it aired on cinemas, yes, he hated the film version of his TV series.

Oh, ok, you said he thought the tv version was crap.

Anyway, Ingmar is welcome to his opinion, as am I

The Best Years of our Lives

An epic film; beautiful and moving. It took about 15 minutes for me to have tears in my eyes. Another reason for my wife to break my balls.

The Conjuring

I am a big horror fan and like the feeling of getting scared. This movie offered some pretty good chills but no real major "jump" moments. I like Patrick Bateman since Insidious and he is pretty good here, Vera was also pretty good but seemed to be the clique clairvoyant. Some of the continuities seemed odd (ending scene) but overall I did enjoy it. It wasn't as memorable as the first paranormal activity to me but it is still a strong horror movie.

3.5/5 Stars

I also watched the Wolf of Wall Street but there has been a few posts about it so I wont put my 2 cents in. I really enjoyed it though 4/5 Stars.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Trance

It was eh. The first half of the movie was really interesting and then it went downhill towards the end and became really dumb by the time it was over.

2.5/5

Unregistered User

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Expected better, i thought it dragged on too long and possibly the weakest of the original trilogy with 'Night' and 'Day,. Some funny moments though.

7/10

Day of the Dead (1985)
As opposed to 'Dawn', this was much better than i expected. Its pretty dumb with over the top acting but its funny and in my opinion the most violent of the lot of them.

7.5/10

Mysterious Skin

(rewatch) 6.5/10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Go home Guaporense! You're drunk!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Little Big Man

What's funny is that I didn't even think I'd like it; I only tried it because it's in Mark's top 10. It's sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes hilarious, and it's beautiful to watch. A fantastic story about a fascinating character played by the great Dustin Hoffman. Throw in the history aspect of it, and you've got yourself a great movie. I didn't think I had any room on my upcoming 70's list, but I will have to make room.

Watched Grown Ups 2 earlier today. A few cheap laughs and for some reason I do like Adam Sandler. However other than that was a very poor effort. Some parts were so ridiculous like the very first scene. 4/10

Twitter: @MandFReviews

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Purple Rose of Cairo- A rather mellow film about a woman's love for cinema. I found it rather amusing,and I loved the bittersweet ending.
+ . The rating might be a bit low, but I wasn't in the right mood for this film. A reviewing could make me think higher of it.

The Purple Rose of Cairo- A rather mellow film about a woman's love for cinema. I found it rather amusing,and I loved the bittersweet ending.
+ . The rating might be a bit low, but I wasn't in the right mood for this film. A reviewing could make me think higher of it.
It's more than a "mellow film with a bittersweet ending", in my opinion. I experienced it like an intelligent and highly creative film about the disappointments of reality and how we might escape from it for a short while, but ultimately do get confronted with our frustrations with real life again and again. The last shot is a hopeful and 'bittersweet' one, though, you're right about that.

P.S. Your rating is indeed too low.

Red White & Blue

My rating will be misleading to some. I am particularly fond of these types of films; others may find this difficult to watch. It's dark, realistic, intense, and brutal. What I really liked about this one is that the story heads into a couple of unexpected directions. If this movie interests you, you're better off watching it without knowing what it's about. It is on YouTube.

Le Samouraï (1967) -

As far as the execution is concerned, this film is practically flawless. Cinematography, in particular, is sublime. The stunning visuals blew me away. Jef Costello has instantly become one of my favorite characters in all of cinema.