I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

Mind you it's not the first time. Not the first time I liked noir with Bogart even. In a Lonely Place was pretty nice too.
Awesome, I love In a Lonely Place too, that might be my favourite noir-Bogart, check out The Big Sleep which i think you'll also like as it's similar to The Maltese Falcon and kind of inspired The Big Lebowski

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I have The Big Sleep on my watchlist for quite some time.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You should watch Raging Bull,The Pianist,Pulp Fiction,Apocalypse Now,and Zodiac. All of those films are on Netflix at the moment, there are many other really good ones but these are the ones that come to mind atm.
You should watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Stalker, Maltese Falcon, The Thing, Oldboy, Last Year at Marienbad, The Seventh Seal... the list goes on.

PS: I just finished watching Maltese Falcon and thus added it to the list above, because I really liked it. It's a small sneak peak of my future Movie Tab II post.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have seen Pulp Fiction (and I think some of The Pianist) but none of the other films. I've been told I should bee Oldboy before and it's on Netflix so that's a film I might see soon. I'll check the other ones out too. I know The Good The Bad and The Ugly is a well rated and known film but I'm not sure if it would be my thing?

Also another film review.

Super Troopers (2001) - this film has gotten a lot of great reviews on IMDb. Some people have said this is the funniest film they have ever seen. Am I missing something? I only finished watching this film so that I could give it this review. It had a few lines that I found funny but overall this film for me wasn't worth the watch at all. Please, if you liked this film can you explain it to me?
My Rating: 3/10

If you're gonna keep to this viewing schedule then I will do it with you. Post our viewing records in this thread. Just copy and paste this list and update it each time you watch something. (If anyone else wants to join us - by all means )

1/1/14
The Sci-Fi Slob - Alien
iRhys - ?

2/1/14
The Sci-fi Slob - Aliens
iRhys - ?

Sounds good to me. I'm going to keep the first post as it is though just as a personal record if that's ok? But I'll edit it and mention that you're doing it too.

EDIT: I'll actually use the first post to list yours too.

3rd January 2014

The Raid (2011) - wow, this film is incredible. In fact it is the best action movie I have ever seen. The action is brutally gory throughout and the story is pretty interesting too. At times it is unrealistic in the sense of how powerful our main character is but it's really ok because it looks amazing. This movie has everything a good action movie needs. Good fight scenes, ultra-violence, martial arts, sharp weapons, blunt weapons, blood and new creative ways to kill. Just watch it. I can't express myself enough. I can't wait for Raid 2.
My Rating: 9/10

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Good luck.

I tried doing that once and failed on a mere 24 days into January. It's tougher than what you think.

I don't think I'd be able to do this, as I don't like to force myself to see a film if I don't feel like watching one. My goal for this year is to see as many movies as possible.

It's in the summer when I become a total movie freak, I watch at least three a day during the summer.

This is an interesting idea. Hopefully you'll run into some movies that some or none of us have seen yet that we ought to. Sadly, this kind of thing is out of my reach as work really has a tight lid on my waking hours these days, but good luck with it.

Thanks for the support. I'm going to try very hard to do this. I will probably run into a few problems at times because I do something called Duke of Edinburgh if you haven't heard of it and I have to do an expedition which lasts either 3 or 4 days (I'll have to do this twice because there will be a practice too) . I can download movies to my iPhone but I probably won't have access to a charging point. iPhones do have good batteries though and if I take two phone and only use the iPhone for the movies and choose shorter, 90 minute or so movies I might be able to make it. I really hope I can do this. It should be a breeze when I get to University in September because the only commitment I should have is my uni work which will be related to film anyway.

I watched The Raid for the second time today. This time with my parents and it's even better the second time.

I go back to college on Monday so this is when it's going to get hard. I also start my Air Cadets back up on Tuesday.

That'd be great!

P.S - it took me like 10 edits to get your list up properly. It went crazy on my iPhone for some reason. I usually use my laptop so hope it looks ok?

I can't wait to see what films you will watch for the whole year and I hope you have fun watching the films that you will see in 2014.