Favorite Movies About Brothers?

Tools    

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Akira (1988) (While not blood brothers, Kaneda and Tetsuo grew up together and have a brotherly relationship, with Kaneda as the big brother and Tetsuo as the little brother. Same goes for Kai and Yama, with Yama as the big brother and Kai as the little brother.)

Twins (1988)

InuYasha: Swords of an Honorable Ruler (2003)

Strange Brew (1983)

Zathura (2005)

We Own the Night and Ambulance. I'm a fan of movies about brothers who take very different paths in life. Warrior is another good one like this.

I'd just discovered Bodrov---via Prisoner of the Mountains--and shortly thereafter found out that he'd just died in an avalanche. Real shame.

Yes, excellent.

I really like this prompt. Some personal favorites where I think that the brother/sibling element is key to the film:

Watership Down: I cannot overstate how well drawn I think the relationship is between Hazel and Fiver. The scene where Fiver is determined that Hazel is still alive, with that cut to the heartbeat in the drain pipe gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Brain Damage: This film isn't about brothers, per se, but I find the shifting relationship between Brian and his brother to be one of the most powerful emotional underpinnings of what could otherwise have just been a gross-out horror-comedy.

Frailty: This whole movie hinges on the way that the relationship between the two brothers morphs and shifts, right up until the last frames of the film.

Good Time: Pattinson's frantic and increasingly violent and distressing efforts to spring his brother from prison come from a place of brotherly love that is at the same time totally self-centered and demented.

Three Identical Strangers: This story of three men realizing they are identical triplets separated at birth is incredible, and it goes places I never expected.