R.I.P. Jane Powell

Tools    

OK, this one officially breaks my heart...Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, A Date with Judy, Nancy Goes to Rio, The Girl Most Likely, Royal Wedding, Hit the Deck. She was a little on the sugary side as an actress, but God, that voice...I could listen to that woman sing all day. That voice was unbelievable and made everything else she did onscreen tolerable...the flags at MGM should be at half mast. RIP, love you Jane.

I could watch Jane Powell movies all day long An effervescent actress who sang like a Nightingale too! One of the greats from the Golden Age of Hollywood...not many left now.

Jane Powell On What's My Line (June 10, 1956) she's the mystery guest and her segment starts at 15:45. Only a few minutes long. Worth watching this lovely, talented lady.

What a great career she had. Living to 92 is an accomplishment all by itself. I too loved her in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954). I've never forgotten how knocked out I was seeing it at the theater. Royal Wedding (1951) was the picture in which Astaire danced with a hat rack, and also danced on the walls and ceiling. Great show.

OK, this one officially breaks my heart...Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, A Date with Judy, Nancy Goes to Rio, The Girl Most Likely, Royal Wedding, Hit the Deck. She was a little on the sugary side as an actress, but God, that voice...I could listen to that woman sing all day. That voice was unbelievable and made everything else she did onscreen tolerable...the flags at MGM should be at half mast. RIP, love you Jane.
^
^
^
this...

Godspeed, sweet Jane.