MoFo Movie Roulette II (a movie watching participation event)

Tools    

Awesome 🙏

Looking forward to it!
I'll post the parings tomorrow. Hopefully Cosmic is in for an even number of members.

BooBooKittyFock..crazy name how'd you come up with that? I don't really know much about you or your movie taste. Tells us what kind of movies you like? And any kind of movies you hate? I'm sure you're a big fan of Will Ferrell and musicals

Here’s looking at you, kid.
I'll post the parings tomorrow. Hopefully Cosmic is in for an even number of members.

BooBooKittyFock..crazy name how'd you come up with that? I don't really know much about you or your movie taste. Tells us what kind of movies you like? And any kind of movies you hate? I'm sure you're a big fan of Will Ferrell and musicals
Boobookittyfock, is a pet name Jay from Jay and silent bob strike back, give Justice.

Here’s my letterboxd:

https://boxd.it/EHGF

Here’s looking at you, kid.
Did you use to post here as Royalwitcheese?

I did, a long time a go, 4 years ago maybe, but my profile name timed out and I lost my name here. I believe it was spelled the same Royal3witcheese

Round 1

@Citizen Rules @Allaby
-------------
@edarsenal @jiraffejustin
--------------
@CosmicRunaway @BooBooKittyFock
--------------

Let's start this!
Tag your partner when you post your three movie selections for them, they will then choose one of them that they haven't seen.

If you don't know your partner's movie taste just do a little research, or just ask them.

Here's a quick post in case anyone is wondering what to choose for me.

I don't have a letterboxd account, and my review thread is long since dead but I have been keeping the main post updated with links to every HoF and other review-like post I've ever written. Here's a link to that.

I love fantasy, sci-fi, horror (except slashers - unless they're also comedies), action films, and anything with a lot of style or atmosphere. You're welcome to choose very new films that are still only premium rentals if you'd like, and I'm always down to check out foreign films.

I typically hate documentaries and musicals, and I'm not usually keen on coming-of-age films if that's the entire focus of the story.

My Letterboxd:
https://letterboxd.com/steveallaby/

My IMDb:
https://m.imdb.com/user/ur44669823/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

I like a wide variety of films in different genres, from all over the world and different times. I enjoy fun comedies, good musicals, entertaining horror films and well made dramas. Favourite directors include: Hitchcock, Scorsese, Spielberg, Kubrick and Bergman. I don’t like animal cruelty or violence against animals in films, but I’m okay with violence against people. I have no objection to sexy scenes or naked people (of any age). I also like pizza and chocolate.

I have 16 films shortlisted for BBKF. Have something else to do now, but then I'll try to narrow it down. If they don't make a post about what genres they prefer/would like to avoid, I guess I'll just pick three completely different films so that there's at least a variety haha.

I have 16 films shortlisted for BBKF. Have something else to do now, but then I'll try to narrow it down. If they don't make a post about what genres they prefer/would like to avoid, I guess I'll just pick three completely different films so that there's at least a variety haha.
Variety might be a good idea, I've done that in the 1st MR.

I'll post my 3 choices for Allaby tonight or tomorrow, right now I'm on like a 10 minute work break.

@BooBooKittyFock

Here are your three choices:

Barton Fink (1991)
Directed by: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
Notes: Saw this on your watchlist and thought it was similar to some other films that you seemed to like. Though honestly I don't remember much about it other than it has some great cinematography.

Mandy (2018)
Directed by: Panos Cosmatos
Notes: Starts slow and slightly arthouse, turns over-the-top gorey. Highly stylized.

Millenium Actress (2001)
Directed by: Satoshi Kon
Notes: You had Perfect Blue from the same director on your watchlist, but I wanted to give you a tonally lighter choice, and this is a less depressing take on similar subject matter.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
@edarsenal I will be picking your choices out when I get home. In the mean time, here is my letterboxd if you wanna use it to help you with my choices.
THANKS JJ!
I'll be doing the same tonight and here's a Here's a Cheat Sheet to help you, and everyone I posted on the first page of this.

@CitizenRules

My nominations for you are:

Sons of the Desert (1933)
One Foot in Heaven (1941)
The Marrying Kind (1952)
All good sounding choices I'll go with One Foot in Heaven because Frederick March is the man!