MoFo Fantasy Football 2015 - Week 8

Tools    

After losing in week one, I've now won six in a row. My team has been pretty consistent all season and it seems to be getting better. I don't have any superstars, but I've got good balance. Allen Robinson and Maclin have been target hogs. Moncrief and Snead have been very good waiver-wire pickups. The coaching change in Miami has done wonders for Lamar Miller. After getting no production from my TE position early in the season, I now have Gates and Ebron to choose from. I keep leaving him on my bench most weeks, but I should probably start rolling with Blake Bortles as my starter over Eli. Regardless of the TOs, Bortles has been a surprisingly good fantasy QB. I just need Jeremy Hill to start showing more consistency instead of being boom-or-bust every week.

I went to the Eagles-Panthers game last weekend. First time attending an NFL game. My voice was completely shot the next day and I had a splitting headache from all the damn noise, but it was a fun experience, even though the Eagles lost. The stadium and the field look so much bigger on television. Our seats were pretty high up, but we could see everything with ease. I think I prefer watching the games on my television, though. The beer's a lot cheaper at my place.

I went to the Eagles-Panthers game last weekend. First time attending an NFL game. My voice was completely shot the next day and I had a splitting headache from all the damn noise, but it was a fun experience, even though the Eagles lost. The stadium and the field look so much bigger on television. Our seats were pretty high up, but we could see everything with ease. I think I prefer watching the games on my television, though. The beer's a lot cheaper at my place.
The NFL has always been the only sport I prefer on TV vs. Live. Still, you got to go a couple of times if your a fan. The most rowdy of the four major sports I think.

Looks like Davonta Freeman's looking human...at the exact moment Brees stops being mediocre and turns in the best game of his career. Might just be one of those years for Fabulous.

Steve Smith leaves with what looks like a pretty bad injury. Between that and Foster I might have lost two starters in as many weeks. Smith's been really good this year, too, even at his advanced age, in what he said would be his last year. This would be a sad way for him to go out.

Wow, Sanders has his worst game of the year and now I'm probably going to be 4-4 while being just shy of 3rd in total points.

Not hard to figure out how: this week, Frightened's already put up his best total of the entire season. Last week it was TONGO putting up his 2nd highest total. My loss to PW in week 1 was to what's been his highest total of the season so far, too.

In half my matchups this year, I've faced someone having either their best or second-best week of the year. In one of the others, it was barely their 3rd-best. That's nuts.

I'm still in line to (probably) make the playoffs, but it's no sure thing, and the matchup randomness has pretty much ruled out any chance of a bye.

Oh, and Steve Smith is, indeed, out for the year. So there's that.

Wish I had Drew Brees in this league.