Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

LA Story. A professionally successful but personally dissatisfied LA weatherman finds himself getting advice on his muddled love life from a rather unexpected source - an apparently sentient and benevolent electronic freeway road sign. Steve Martin stars in this witty and engaging early 90s romantic comedy with a touch of fantasy. This used to be a regular watch during the 90s but I only picked it up on DVD a year or two ago and have only just got around to seeing it again, at least 16 years since my last viewing, and I'm pleased to find it still stands up. One of Martin's last great comedies, LA Story is as charming and funny as ever.*

Loved this movie the 1st time I saw it, but, as the years have gone by, not so much.

I find Tarintinos attemps at homage in this film to feel more like bad parody, and his dialogue juvenile particularly that silly rabbit trix are for kids bit. I will admit some parts were charming I legitimately thought the animated flashback was well done but for the most part it was pretty boring and had a lot of groanworthy moments. The action scenes werent near as exciting as in the martial arts and chambara films Tarintino is inspired by even though he took material from Lady Sowblood.

5/10

Second time watching. Didnt expect to actually watch the whole film again but I got sucked in and went down this brilliantly oppresive journey once more.

9/10

Good Time (2017)

The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972)

With star Paul Newman and director John Huston, I was expecting a straightforward western. Instead, I got a comedic and very bizarre movie, not really my taste. Fortunately, besides Newman, there is also a deep and interesting supporting cast. It's a fun and unique movie that took me by surprise.

Welcome to the human race...
Mission: Impossible - Fallout -

The story of one man trying desperately to prove that he's not part of an evil worldwide pseudo-religious organisation - while also playing a spy in a movie.

Unregistered User

Good to hear this is being well-received. They ran this trailer at the indie-cine for months. Look forward to cramming this in this weekend.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it DD. Hope you enjoy.

They should have ended this film with the
WARNING: "MomandDad" spoilers below
grandparents killing the parents - that would have been a decent twist that the children were saved by their grandparents(who don't want to kill their grandchildren) killing their adult children instead of ending it in the basement with the parents tied up.

Trailer:

Funny Games (1997)

I wish it were directed by someone else who didn't have an agenda. Michael Haneke is an interesting and talented filmmaker, but he often wants to give his message. Sometimes it works fine, but I generally don't give a crap about his personal views. I think in this movie it's too blatantly obvious what he's trying to say, and it takes me out of the experience a bit.
The 'VIOLENCE BAD!' message is a bit redundant, but if you ignore that, it's a wonderfully disturbing thriller that uniquely plays with film troupes. The fact that it's so disturbing yet there's no violence onscreen is awesome (a la the Texas Chainsaw Massacre). I actually loved the 4th wall breaks.