MoFos - Identify Your Gender!

Tools    

Catfishing, wow I never heard of that term until today. Why would people on the internet want to pretend to be something they're not anyway? Besides the scam for money thing. It makes no sense to me. I wonder how common this all is. Crazy stuff thanks guys for posting about this.
Because they are disturbed or living a very sad life which they want to escape.

In fact, I am catfishing you all right now. I am not that fat guy I have posted pics of. I am secretly a super hot babe.

Yeah it's usually lonely, mentally ill and/or socially awkward people. It's very sad.
Keyword: lonely. I think mental illness plays a part, but is not the main reason. Honestly think loneliness has more to do with it than anything. Just my opinion. Certainly there is more than one contributing factor.

Keyword: lonely. I think mental illness plays a part, but is not the main reason. Honestly think loneliness has more to do with it than anything. Just my opinion. Certainly there is more than one contributing factor.
Well yeah, mental illness is often a key factor in loneliness though. Obviously it depends on the circumstances, i think most i've read about have had some sort of mental illness involved but i'm obviously not a doctor.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Catfishing, wow I never heard of that term until just today. I mean I knew there were telemarketing scams....But why would people on the internet want to pretend to be something they're not anyway, besides the scam for money thing.

It makes no sense to me. I wonder how common this all is? Crazy stuff thanks guys for posting about this.
As Swan and Cam said, they either dont have personalities or quite simply, defective personalities. And I think it's probably and sadly very common.

As for scammers, you've never heard of professional beggars before? How about Nigerian scammers? Nigerian scammers alone cost your own country over 1 billion dollars alone per annum. People have been known to fly over to Nigeria to make their first collection or uncover the scam and been almost bashed to death.

Well yeah, mental illness is often a key factor in loneliness though. Obviously it depends on the circumstances, i think most i've read about have had some sort of mental illness involved but i'm obviously not a doctor.
Of course. No doubt mental illness is a factor. I just think loneliness is so crippling because a lot of my friends and just people I know deal with mental illness, since that's my community. I've noticed those that have friends tend to be waaaaaay better off mentally than those who have few to no friends. The mixture of mental illness and loneliness is an awfully sad thing. Makes me want to cry thinking about it.

The most baffling thing is the frequency it still happens even after all the stories. People are very naive, or maybe just desperate which is pretty sad. There was another one a few years ago about some bigshot college football player, think he was mormon or some type of very devout christian can't remember. Anyway he kept mentioning his girlfriend in interviews and some journalist looked into it and found out she wasn't real. At first everyone thought he made her up but it turned out a teammates (male) cousin had created her and this dude thought he was engaged to her for months without ever meeting her. Insane.

Also the last one i posted i think was more outright malicious than anything. Someone set up a fake profile as Chris Andersen former Miami Heat player then set up a fake profile of a 15 year old except the catfisher said she was 19. The catfisher spoke to both of them and set up a date. Basically Andersen met the girl thinking she was 19 when she was underage. Apparently nothing happened but Andersen was branded a pedo before it all came out.

The most baffling thing is the frequency it still happens even after all the stories.
I know. Mind blowing! Maybe there are a lot more people like Citizen Rules who have just never heard of it, but there are plenty who think they won the willy wonka door prize s well.

Extreme forms of catfishing for attention that basically becomes the persons life reminds me of Munchausen syndrome/Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

This documentary is about the craziest case of that i know - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mommy_Dead_and_Dearest

Extreme forms of catfishing for attention that basically becomes the persons life reminds me of Munchausen syndrome/Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

This documentary is about the craziest case of that i know - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mommy_Dead_and_Dearest
Yes I was just a bit earlier trying to remember the term Munchausens by proxy.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
In fact, I am catfishing you all right now. I am not that fat guy I have posted pics of. I am secretly a super hot babe.
I knew all along. Why did you think I spoke to you so often?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Most interesting man in the world
Catfishing, wow I never heard of that term until just today. I mean I knew there were telemarketing scams....But why would people on the internet want to pretend to be something they're not anyway, besides the scam for money thing.

It makes no sense to me. I wonder how common this all is? Crazy stuff thanks guys for posting about this.

very common,especially on craigslist & other friend/social networks/dating sites.. its really sad.. that's one reason of many why I don't
waste my time with them.. there are some really messed up people out there

When I was young, I thought the Village People were macho (I mean, they had a song about being such).
So I'd listen to their music while exercising. My older brother bought me a couple of their albums - probably because he thought it was funny that I didn't seem to get it.
Older brothers are the worst.