I just finished my 1000th movie

Tools    

Gone With the Wind. I was saving it for that. Wanna know how I know it's my number 1,000? I have a private list that I'm working on featuring every movie I've ever seen ranked from best to worst. I've worked on this list for years, and I've rewatched a lot of the kiddie movies I've seen, too. The list doesn't, however, include short films. If I did that, I 'd have to go through every Disney, Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry skit I've seen and I don't remember all that.

I do, however, remember every movie I've ever seen, just so long as I've seen it (and payed attention) at least once.

OK, the first hour was damn good plotting. The second one was pretty epic. The third one lost character, and the fourth one....

DAAAAYYYYUUUUMM

What in the actual ass!? That was depressing and ended too well for it.

Im already on 2534

Gone With the Wind. I was saving it for that. Wanna know how I know it's my number 1,000? I have a private list that I'm working on featuring every movie I've ever seen ranked from best to worst. I've worked on this list for years, and I've rewatched a lot of the kiddie movies I've seen, too. The list doesn't, however, include short films. If I did that, I 'd have to go through every Disney, Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry skit I've seen and I don't remember all that.

I do, however, remember every movie I've ever seen, just so long as I've seen it (and payed attention) at least once.

OK, the first hour was damn good plotting. The second one was pretty epic. The third one lost character, and the fourth one....

DAAAAYYYYUUUUMM

What in the actual ass!? That was depressing and ended too well for it.
Two questions. First: It should really be a pain in the but to rank every movie you ever saw from best to worst. Especially since taste change and some movie cant be compared with others. Second: how do you guys do your list 'cause I have to write every movie I want to see and movie I saw in huge notebook. So if I can find another way it could help

...how do you guys do your list 'cause I have to write every movie I want to see and movie I saw in huge notebook...
I don't log movies. I don't know why people bother with it so much? It seems obsessive to me and sounds like people don't like doing it, but feel compelled to do so.

I do it because otherwise I think I will forget movies I see, because you have good movies but that aren't flashy. For example, if I haven't noted it, I would probably forgot Louis malle's Au revoir les enfants which is not a spectacular movie but is still good.

I don't log movies. I don't know why people bother with it so much? It seems obsessive to me and sounds like people don't like doing it, but feel compelled to do so.
I tried it once.
I also started listing stuff I'd already seen. Got to about 6000 and gave up.

I do it because otherwise I think I will forget movies I see, because you have good movies but that aren't flashy. For example, if I haven't noted it, I would probably forgot Louis malle's Au revoir les enfants which is not a spectacular movie but is still good.
Nah, you won't forget movie that you love. An example: I seen Au revoir les enfants some years ago and while I don't ponder that movie everyday, as soon as I seen you mention that title I remembered it. I believe I reviewed it here on MoFo too. I liked it but I'm not interested in watching it again.

Two questions. First: It should really be a pain in the but to rank every movie you ever saw from best to worst. Especially since taste change and some movie cant be compared with others. Second: how do you guys do your list 'cause I have to write every movie I want to see and movie I saw in huge notebook. So if I can find another way it could help

A: The list is a result of two motives. First, no one has done it before, to the best of my knowledge. Second, this list was an on-and-off project for years so it was never overwhelming. As for comparing very different movies, there's a very easy way that I've focused on for years, but that's an entirely new thread on its own.

B: My list is currently private on both RYM and Letterboxd. I used to keep an Openoffice file, but my similar albums list got too big so I transfered them.

Nah, you won't forget movie that you love. An example: I seen Au revoir les enfants some years ago and while I don't ponder that movie everyday, as soon as I seen you mention that title I remembered it. I believe I reviewed it here on MoFo too. I liked it but I'm not interested in watching it again.
Well to be honest I am relieved to hear that.

DAMMIT! All these years of trying to remember every movie I've ever seen and one flashes to mind a couple days after my "1000th" movie. I google them all, every vhs I saw in school, every documentary to see if they were movies or episodes, and I forget ONE: I saw Little Buddha in sixth grade. Now I gotta find ot and watch it again.

How on earth does anyone remember all the movies they’ve watched.

For me the number is probably well into the thousands.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
mark f be like

1000? I had seen 4000 by the time I was 5!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.