Women You Fell In Love With (On Screen)

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Eva Lobau - The Forest For the Trees
Gena Rowlands - A Woman Under the Influence
Giulieta Masina - La Strada

For the duration of the movie (or more)... Although there is some attraction to those women I listed, I've seen many more attractive ones, and it isn't my reason.. I had empathy for them, and they were just very lovable, and in my case, you wished the best for them in the movies.

As a woman, I’m not “in love” with Faye Dunaway, but, man, was she beautiful in The Thomas Crown Affair.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
Debbi Sue Voorhees - Friday The 13th: A New Beginning
Kate Beckinsale - Underworld
P.J. Soles - Halloween
Lea Thompson - Howard The Duck

As a woman, I’m not “in love” with Faye Dunaway, but, man, was she beautiful in The Thomas Crown Affair.
Before or after chess?

Lea Thompson - Howard The Duck
I saw that as a kid, and I remember her sexy dancing.

The best of the best of the best of the best.

Beyond the queen above, I also fell for these.

Julie Delpy - Before series

Drew Barrymore in all her movies, but more so in The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates

Grace Kelly in Dial M for Murder

Gretchen Mol in Forever Mine

Sonalee Kulkarni in Natrang

There are tons of women who are beautiful on screen but in terms of "falling in love" with them I'd have to say Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation.

And Winona Ryder in pretty much anything 80s/90s.

Bridget Fonda - The Road to Wellville

...For the duration of the movie (or more)... Although there is some attraction to those women I listed, I've seen many more attractive ones, and it isn't my reason.. I had empathy for them, and they were just very lovable, and in my case, you wished the best for them in the movies.
I like the way you stated that...as 'cookie cutter' 'barbie doll' actresses are a dime a dozen, so it's not about the looks per say.

It's more about the look behind the eyes, meaning the personality of the character and sometimes the actress too. Though I've found that I can watch an actress in one movie and sense that Je ne sais quoi, but then in other films they just blend into the scenery and I wonder what was special about them in the first place.

Some of that has to do with the script, the cinematography and direction and even lighting and editing. Still you can't get a spark out of a wet match, so in the end it's down to the actress to make what she's doing on the screen come across as envibed.

I like the way you stated that...as 'cookie cutter' 'barbie doll' actresses are a dime a dozen, so it's not about the looks per say.

It's more about the look behind the eyes, meaning the personality of the character and sometimes the actress too. Though I've found that I can watch an actress in one movie and sense that Je ne sais quoi, but then in other films they just blend into the scenery and I wonder what was special about them in the first place.

Some of that has to do with the script, the cinematography and direction and even lighting and editing. Still you can't get a spark out of a wet match, so in the end it's down to the actress to make what she's doing on the screen come across as envibed.
Well said - I can't add much more.. I do notice that with the first three I mentioned in the OP, that I felt sorry for their predicament in life, some more than others. But how the women dealt with circumstances, trucking on despite receiving no love, was a big reason I felt so much for these women. Their looks have very little (if anything) to do with my heart going out to them. Obviously 99% of leading ladies are going to be somewhat attractive, and all of them are, but yeah, I have very different tastes in women compared to everyone I know. It's to the point that people I know want my opinion, thinking they'll have the opposite view of my own (which is why they ask for my opinion first).

Which reminds me of "Wanda" - a movie you recommended for me. Very sad her life was cut short. She wrote, directed, and starred, and in the movie was treated very unfairly. I think the injustice and how they react was why I selected the women... As for Setsuko Hara (The Eternal Virgin), her sunny aura (regardless of the movie) was very likable. She's in many of Ozu's movies, which to me are very similar; actors playing the same roles throughout many of his movies, except for "Saturday Morning"

Even in the movie, "Marty", Betsy Blair was referred to as a dog in the movie, but of course Hollywood wasn't going to take a chance, and they put a pretty woman as Marty's love interest, anyway. I think "they" was Lancaster-Hecht-and someone else. Speaking of Lancaster, I think he was the star that was in the most amount of great movies, despite me not thinking he was a great actor (but a great presence).

Who is this?

I do notice that with the first three I mentioned in the OP, that I felt sorry for their predicament in life, some more than others. But how the women dealt with circumstances, trucking on despite receiving no love, was a big reason I felt so much for these women.
I feel pretty much the same way. I've only seen one of the three that you listed in your first post...Giulieta Masina - La Strada and she made a definite impression on me. Shirley MacLaine in Some Came Running seems very much like Giulieta's character in La Strada. She's somewhat slow witted but sweet and trusting, she trust and falls for a man who treats her like crap and she ends up badly. Have you seen Some Came Running?

Audrey Hepburn - in anything

Piper Laurie - in The Hustler

Karen Black - in Five Easy Pieces
Audrey Hepburn is great in everything she did. She always brings an effervescent charm.

If you like Piper Laurie I just seen her in a plum role in the western Dawn at Socorro (1954) She played a young woman who's stern father believes she's slept with a farmhand (which she hasn't). He labels her a Jezebel and dumps her on the streets of a remote western town with her luggage in hand and disowns. It's really quite sad and she's oh so good in this.