Great Snapshots From Movies

Tools    

If I posted anything from Sorcerer it could just as easily be the typography as the images. I love the title card and the end titles — they're of the highest order.

Let’s take a widely known film, which is lesser appreciared for its cinematography...

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

In my opinion the most visually impressive of all the Potter-films when it comes to its cinematography. And I love how dark the film is too.

This might just do nobody any good.
Let’s take a widely known film, which is lesser appreciared for its cinematography...
I’m a big fan of Bruno Delbonnel too, actually. His work on Llewyn Davis is a pitch-perfect representation of the film’s central art scene and he even singlehandedly makes Dark Shadows worthy of study!

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (dir. Paul Schrader, cine. John Bailey)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (dir. Paul Schrader, cine. John Bailey)
I like Paul Schrader, but never heard of this. Besides being a nice photograph, is this a good movie?

Besides being a nice photograph, is this a good movie?
I’ve only seen it once. It’s a marvel to behold, visually and narratively. It blends facts and fiction (particularly by adapting the written works of the film’s subject matter) to create as full an image of the man as possible, though not necessarily a clear one.

Uh... seek it out. I honestly don’t have a firm grasp on whether or not it’s “good”, based on my own metric of film rating, but it’s certainly not “bad.”

If nothing else, you’ll still be listening to the score for long after:

Great film – I haven't seen it in ages. It was funny when I saw it to discover that Hurt and Roth had been a double act before Rob Roy .

Movie Forums Extra

So romantic scene