Movies & TV Shows You've NEVER Seen

Tools    

For the longest time, I never saw Casablanca.

I have seen it and it's a good movie, but I never got the feeling, as with some films, that I really want to see it again (maybe someday).
After hearing about it my whole life, I guess I was expecting to be blown away.
Part of the problem is I felt like I'd already seen all the best parts & heard all the memorable lines from clips, spoofs & impersonations - so, although I'd never seen it, the film held no surprises for me and I already pretty much knew how it would end.

Arrested Development-- everybody's talking at me about it-- gotta sit down one day and check it out
That's another show I've never seen.

Also have never seen a single episode of Modern Family (although that Sophia Vergara makes me open to watching it! I know she stole Charo's shtick, but considering how she's built, I don't think Charo will mind passing down the mantle.)

I never really got into Cannon and I think I only watched one entire episode of Hawaii Five O, but you've listed a lot of classic television shows that I grew up with, it's kind of sad.

Some movies off the top of my head that people love that I haven't seen are Gone With The Wind, Momento & A Clockwork Orange

and some popular TV Shows...
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
The Sopranos
Orange is the New Black
Arrow

I always like it when I come across someone who's never seen Star Wars (not any of them) and all they know is it's some kind of "space" movie.
I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies but I'm fairly familiar with the story and characters.

Some movies off the top of my head that people love that I haven't seen are Gone With The Wind, Momento & A Clockwork Orange

and some popular TV Shows...
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
The Sopranos
Orange is the New Black
Arrow
I watched one episode of Arrow, but being a comic geek makes me wary to a lot of comic-based TV shows. They alter things to such a degree. And a lot of the time, there's no obvious reason to do so except that some director wants to put their personal mustache on the Mona Lisa.

Anyone remember Birds of Prey? Good God - talk about making comic book characters virtually unrecognizable.

For the same reasons I never saw an episode of Smallville, although people said it was excellent (provided you were willing to delete everything ever established about Superman in the comics). I never sat through a full episode of Lois & Clark either.

But I will say that the Batman, Superman and Justice League animated series of the 90's & early 00's were excellent!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched one episode of Arrow, but being a comic geek makes me wary to a lot of comic-based TV shows. They alter things to such a degree. And a lot of the time, there's no obvious reason to do so except that some director wants to put their personal mustache on the Mona Lisa.

Anyone remember Birds of Prey? Good God - talk about making comic book characters virtually unrecognizable.

For the same reasons I never saw an episode of Smallville, although people said it was excellent (provided you were willing to delete everything ever established about Superman in the comics). I never sat through a full episode of Lois & Clark either.

But I will say that the Batman, Superman and Justice League animated series of the 90's & early 00's were excellent!

As a comic geek, you should feel obligated to watch some of the shows that you don't (or didn't) watch. You have to just accept that they're going to change some things, and watch the shows for what they are. Otherwise, you're just missing out on some great shows.

As a comic geek, you should feel obligated to watch some of the shows that you don't (or didn't) watch. You have to just accept that they're going to change some things, and watch the shows for what they are. Otherwise, you're just missing out on some great shows.
Nah.

How you doin', GB?

Nah.

How you doin', GB?

I'm good. How about you?

You should give some of those shows a chance. "Smallville" and "Lois & Clark" were both great shows. "Birds of Prey" was pretty good too.

I was hoping that "Gotham" would have been better, but I haven't given up on it yet. And "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has been pretty good most of the time, but it has its ups and downs.

"Arrow" is only okay, but "The Flash" is definitely worth watching.

You just have to think of them as some kind of alternate universe for the characters that you already know and love.

I know, but it's the same principle as why I hated Abram's Star Trek reboot. I hated it only because I love the original Star Trek - that's why I hated it.

If I knew nothing about Star Trek then I would've watched Abram's movie and said, "I didn't understand a bunch of it, but it was pretty cool with great special effects."

In other words, I didn't hate it as a movie, I hate the fact that he ret-conned the S.T. universe and un-did everything we knew and loved about our characters by creating an alternate, concurrent reality. Creating two of the same character, but saying their aspects (their origins, their relationships, their histories) are different negates the very uniqueness that made them popular in the first place.

I know, but it's the same principle as why I hated Abram's Star Trek reboot. I hated it only because I love the original Star Trek - that's why I hated it.

If I knew nothing about Star Trek then I would've watched Abram's movie and said, "I didn't understand a bunch of it, but it was pretty cool with great special effects."

In other words, I didn't hate it as a movie, I hate the fact that he ret-conned the S.T. universe and un-did everything we knew and loved about our characters by creating an alternate, concurrent reality. Creating two of the same character, but saying their aspects (their origins, their relationships, their histories) are different negates the very uniqueness that made them popular in the first place.

I didn't hate Abram's Star Trek reboot, but there were some things that I didn't like about it. (Like the relationship between Kirk and Uhura.) But overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie. (I loved the actor who played Dr. McCoy. He was the best part of the movie.)

You have to expect some changes, otherwise, why bother rebooting anything.

That's probably why most remakes and reboots are considered worse than the originals. Most people don't like change, so it's hard to accept changes in the stories and characters that we already know and love.

I know, but it's the same principle as why I hated Abram's Star Trek reboot. I hated it only because I love the original Star Trek - that's why I hated it. If I knew nothing about Star Trek then I would've watched Abram's movie and said, "I didn't understand a bunch of it, but it was pretty cool with great special effects."
In other words, I didn't hate it as a movie, I hate the fact that he ret-conned the S.T. universe and un-did everything we knew and loved about our characters by creating an alternate, concurrent reality. Creating two of the same character, but saying their aspects (their origins, their relationships, their histories) are different negates the uniqueness of one-of-a-kind fictional characters.
Yeah and I was not a fan of the old Sta Trek which may be why I really liked JJ's Star Trek.

Yeah and I was not a fan of the old Sta Trek which may be why I really liked JJ's Star Trek.

I think this just proves my point. You had nothing to compare it to, so you were able to enjoy the movie as its own entity.

I didn't hate Abram's Star Trek reboot, but there were some things that I didn't like about it. (Like the relationship between Kirk and Uhura.) But overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie. (I loved the actor who played Dr. McCoy. He was the best part of the movie.)

That's probably why most remakes and reboots are considered worse than the originals. Most people don't like change, so it's hard to accept changes in the stories and characters that we already know and love.
Not to argue, but they didn't need to reboot Star Trek, they could have just made a prequel or showed the many stories of the start of the classic 5 year mission that we never saw on the TV show using younger actors filling the original roles to introduce to a new generation. There was absolutely no need to create what they called a "splinter" reality. (Except maybe for Abrams to say, "Oh, this is MY Star Trek - it's different from all the rest because I changed it. Phooey on Roddenberry THIS is MINE, MINE, MINE!")

What purpose does a concurrent, alternate, ret-conned continuity serve? For me it only serves to obfuscate, confuse and negate the fact that the original was one-of-a-kind.
What was so wrong with the fictional future & characters that Roddenberry had made so popular that they had to change it?

Not to argue, but they didn't need to reboot Star Trek, they could have just made a prequel or showed the many stories of the start of the classic 5 year mission that we never saw on the TV show using younger actors filling the original roles to introduce to a new generation. There was absolutely no need to create what they called a "splinter" reality. (Except maybe for Abrams to say, "Oh, this is MY Star Trek - it's different from all the rest because I changed it. Phooey on Roddenberry THIS is MINE, MINE, MINE!")

What purpose does a concurrent, alternate, ret-conned continuity serve? For me it only serves to obfuscate, confuse and negate the fact that the original was one-of-a-kind.
What was so wrong with the fictional future & characters that Roddenberry had made so popular that they had to change it?

I understand what you're saying, and there was no need to reboot Star Trek, but that's what they chose to do, so you have to either accept it and try to enjoy it, or you're going to find all kinds of flaws in it that you're going to complain about.

I choose to accept it, and take it for what it is. I consider Roddenberry's Star Trek to be a classic, and no matter what they do to the characters in the future, there's nothing that they can do to change my opinion of it. It is what it is, and that's what it always will be.

I understand what you're saying, and there was no need to reboot Star Trek, but that's what they chose to do, so you have to either accept it and try to enjoy it, or you're going to find all kinds of flaws in it that you're going to complain about.

I choose to accept it, and take it for what it is. I consider Roddenberry's Star Trek to be a classic, and no matter what they do to the characters in the future, there's nothing that they can do to change my opinion of it. It is what it is, and that's what it always will be.
Well said, GB! Now if only I can find some re-runs!
Now it's sleepy-bye time. Have a good night, love.

yeah I don't watch any superhero tv shows as I barely get around to watching all the superhero movies (Took me 2-3 months before I finally watched AOU). Only comic based show I watch is The Walking Dead

yeah Karl Urban is great as McCoy, JJ Abrams actually got me into Star Trek,. didn't like Star Trek at all before the reboots.