Coronavirus

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I’m interested to see how the media is going to spin things if Biden can’t manage corona well either. Or if he catches it.

Like this is without a doubt going to follow us into 2021, and another lockdown is all but inevitable at this point I think.

It’s just looking like Biden is a sure thing now and it got me thinking.

I’m interested to see how the media is going to spin things if Biden can’t manage corona well either. Or if he catches it.
No he wouldn't have done any better why would he have. It's unknown territory and the people who go overboard blaming Trump are soft in the head. I'd say the governors hold more responsibility yet I still don't think you can blame individuals for a virus. I think blaming people for these deaths is pretty sick. I've even been seeing people claiming Trump called Corona a hoax lol.

Like this is without a doubt going to follow us into 2021, and another lockdown is all but inevitable at this point I think.
It looks that way we should all just hope for the best.

It’s just looking like Biden is a sure thing now and it got me thinking.
I know that's what the polls say but it's hard to fathom that people would vote that way. If I were a democrat I'd be super pissed and frustrated with the absence of any remotely decent candidates.

I've even been seeing people claiming Trump called Corona a hoax lol.

I know that's what the polls say but it's hard to fathom that people would vote that way. If I were a democrat I'd be super pissed and frustrated with the absence of any remotely decent candidates.
Speaking of “soft in the head”, Trump, in effect, called COVID a hoax.

No sense in being “pissed & frustrated”. Biden, whether I like him or not, is the Democratic candidate & that’s who I voted for.

Won’t surprise me if Trump gets a 2nd term.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
Right, and still Biden's recent campaign ad misleads everyone into thinking he called it a hoax. Democrats keep doing it. All politicians lie, and some of it is necessary, but lying about someone's character is downright despicable and they keep doing it especially by changing his words and removing context like the racial stuff.

So because of work, I'm probably in 100 stores a week. I'd say 98% of the people I see are wearing masks, and of the 2% that aren't, most of them are on the New Hampshire border. As far as I'm concerned people can do what they want so if someone isn't wearing one it doesn't bother me. This morning was the first time I saw something that I found to be very concerning. As I was leaving Market Basket, beyond the counters where they sell fresh sandwiches and coffee, I saw a sea of wrinkles. The lounge area was packed with the oldest of the old chatting, sipping coffee, and of course not wearing masks. There must have been 30 of them, and they're all hard of hearing so they're right in each other's faces. I thought all it takes is 1 asymptomatic grandchild and they're all wiped out. I usually see this at Dunkin' but they put a stop to it. This is a problem.

Wow. Remember this thing? I feel like even if this had killed 2 to 3 million Americans we'd still be going: "Eh, c'mon... it hasn't even killed 1 percent of the population! Get back to me when you get some real numbers! We might get that tho. This third wave may prove pretty serious. I'll be in the garden. You guys let me know how it goes.

You ready? You look ready.
I feel like THIS should be pretty self-evident.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

200+ dead in the past 2 weeks in my town.
We've been put under a minimum 18 month lockdown.

They've not said whether the 200+ deaths are from rona or a mix of rona and other cases.

Edit, checked the numbers...
We've gone from 25 cases per week, to 396 per week, in the space of a month.
If we've apparently had 100 deaths a week in this town, I'd say it's a mixture of rona deaths and other causes.
Which means this lockdown is meaningless but we're doing it anyway.

Edit again.
I was right.
43 deaths in my town in the past 2 days.
42 of them are from other causes. 1 CoVid death in the past week.
This lockdown is meaningless.

200+ dead in the past 2 weeks in my town.
We've been put under a minimum 18 month lockdown.

They've not said whether the 200+ deaths are from rona or a mix of rona and other cases.

Edit, checked the numbers...
We've gone from 25 cases per week, to 396 per week, in the space of a month.
If we've apparently had 100 deaths a week in this town, I'd say it's a mixture of rona deaths and other causes.
Which means this lockdown is meaningless but we're doing it anyway.

Edit again.
I was right.
43 deaths in my town in the past 2 days.
42 of them are from other causes. 1 CoVid death in the past week.
This lockdown is meaningless.
What is "rona"?

Urgh, expected to be announced today that England is going into a second lockdown to last a month... Am I just thick and can't understand why it's increasing so much again when we are all by law suppose to wear masks when in public areas indoors!?

Urgh, expected to be announced today that England is going into a second lockdown to last a month... Am I just thick and can't understand why it's increasing so much again when we are all by law suppose to wear masks when in public areas indoors!?
Technically masks don't actually do anything.

If you wear a mask, all you're doing is protecting others from you.

If you wear a mask, and someone nearby isn't wearing a mask, and they have The Rona... and they cough at you... you will get it, regardless of the mask you're wearing.

Thing is... wear a mask to protect others... but if you have The Rona, you have to stay indoors anyway and isolate.
So masks, in effect, are useless.

About 75% of carriers don't know they have it... so they think **** it, I won't wear a mask because I'm fine... and they spread it around to people around them, even to those who are wearing a mask.

Technically masks don't actually do anything.

If you wear a mask, all you're doing is protecting others from you.

If you wear a mask, and someone nearby isn't wearing a mask, and they have The Rona... and they cough at you... you will get it, regardless of the mask you're wearing.

Thing is... wear a mask to protect others... but if you have The Rona, you have to stay indoors anyway and isolate.
So masks, in effect, are useless.

About 75% of carriers don't know they have it... so they think **** it, I won't wear a mask because I'm fine... and they spread it around to people around them, even to those who are wearing a mask.
Masks only protect from droplets (the least likely way "rona" is spread). Droplets (as produced when speaking or mildly coughing) only go a couple feet and are pulled down to the ground by gravity - like raindrops.

The most common form of transmission is tactile (mostly of fecal matter - which, sadly, if you use toilet paper, then you have it on your hands - which is why handwashing is so important, along with keeping touchable surfaces in bathrooms disinfected).

The second most common form is via aerosols (liquid turned to vapor when one sneezes or coughs hard). Masks don't stop aerosols - if they did, you wouldn't be able to breath through them.

At best, masks only protect from the least likely, most uncommon form of transmission.

The latest research seems to suggest it's not just droplets, but can hang in the air for awhile. That said, we're obviously still learning a lot about this.

It does seem increasingly obvious that all the wiping down of tables and whatnot is more to make people feel better than to protect them, though.