Film Noir HoF III

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Thanks to your post we now have another member! Frightened Inmate No. 2 has joined
That’s 7 with at least 2 more confirmed yet to select, right? Not bad. We’ve rounded up the usual suspects.
👀

That’s 7 with at least 2 more confirmed yet to select, right? Not bad. We’ve rounded up the usual suspects.
👀
Yup 7 so far and Cosmic and John-Connor makes it 9...not to shabby! I got a tell ya there's some great noirs too

The trick is not minding
Yup 7 so far and Cosmic and John-Connor makes it 9...not to shabby! I got a tell ya there's some great noirs too
And that’s the most exciting part. The final reveal.

I was just checking out the advanced search at IMDB and searched for genre: noir. The results came up with 840 titles which can be sorted by popularity, rating, year, etc. It's a good way to peruse a bunch of noirs and find some good title. Only flaw is that the search for some reason is limited to only older films up to 1958.

Check it out (this is sorted by A-Z titles)
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...sort=alpha,asc

I was considering this but when trying to think of an actual nomination I realized I haven't seen almost any of the classical noirs and I'm somewhat at a loss what counts as neo-noir (the list on Wiki has lots of very odd films that aren't listed as neo-noir in their Wiki pages, and IMDb doesn't even have a genre tag for neo-noir).

So, I probably will skip this one (and the musical, too). I'll check the noms after the reveal and if they look really interesting I may try to figure something out.

https://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?genre=Film+Noir

https://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?genre=Post-Noir

That should help you out...much better organized than Wikipedia and IMDB

Stuck in 'can't decide on a nom limbo'. Going to watch a few more Noirs before I send in.
Happy watching!

And this hasn't started yet so there's still time for anyone interested to join

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Got a lot on my plate right now with Personal Rec HoF, Mofo Awards and some stay at home parenting while I'm waiting on EI.

Unfortunately I'll have to pass on this one.

Suspect's Reviews

Got a lot on my plate right now with Personal Rec HoF, Mofo Awards and some stay at home parenting while I'm waiting on EI. Unfortunately I'll have to pass on this one.
That's cool, you can always check out the noms when they are revealed...which will be real soon. Cosmic just sent her nom in, and it's a good one. Just waiting on @John-Connor I believe he still wants to join?

The trick is not minding
Glad to have you Doc! and that makes 10 members

We've got some truly great noirs from some of the biggest directors, these will be a treat.
Looking forward to the reveal! I have a few on my wish list that I’m hoping were selected.

Looking forward to the reveal! I have a few on my wish list that I’m hoping were selected.
I think they were ha, I have no idea actually, but there's some really great noirs so I'm betting some of them were on your wish list.

I'll do the reveal as soon as I can, I'm on like a 3 minute work break right now.

The trick is not minding
I think they were ha, I have no idea actually, but there's some really great noirs so I'm betting some of them were on your wish list.

I'll do the reveal as soon as I can, I'm on like a 3 minute work break right now.
No problem. No rush

I'm going to do the reveal of the movie nominations today, yah! Probably later as I have to work today. So a little teaser:

We have 10 noirs, all of them are top rate! 1 is a neo-noir and one is a French noir and 1 is a UK noir. We have movies from some of the biggest directors in the history of film making

Two different lead actors each appear in two of the noms, and one one lead actress appears in two of the movies. And one of the directors, directed two of the noms.

So good stuff! and awesome choices!

The trick is not minding
I'm going to do the reveal of the movie nominations today, yah! Probably later as I have to work today. So a little teaser:

We have 10 noirs, all of them are top rate! 1 is a neo-noir and one is a French noir and 1 is a UK noir. We have movies from some of the biggest directors in the history of film making

Two different lead actors each appear in two of the noms, and one one lead actress appears in two of the movies. And one of the directors, directed two of the noms.

So good stuff! and awesome choices!
I had 3 possible candidates for this, but ultimately went with one I felt deserved to have more recognition.
The other two I considered? They drive by night and Cape Fear (1962 version)
In the end, I chose one I had seen more recently as opposed to the other two which I hadn’t seen in awhile.
Hopefully I can nominate They Drive by Night at a later HOF