Best LGBT films

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Loved Carol. It's funny, I think that while everyone was gushing over the immerse cinematography of The Revenant, this movie had a much more personal touch. The trip between Therese and Carol is dream like. Beautiful till the end. It's a love story in one look.

Another great one from 2015: Tangerine. Check it out if you haven't.

Heard really good things about Moonlight coming out this year. From the premise, I think it ought to be essential viewing for this times.

[quote=SilentVamp;1380167]Some very good films that haven't been mentioned (and a couple of them are on my list of all-time favorite movies):

Torch Song Trilogy

Thanks for mentioning this one...sometimes I think I'm the only person on the planet who has seen this movie.

Even as a straight 14-year old in 1971, I understood the sexual orientation of the title character of Lawrence of Arabia -- IMO, the best realized film of all time.

Blue is the warmest colour could have been such a great movie but that tacky,cheap sex scene completely ruined it for me. Also i found how they jumped in time ruined,there was a huge plothole there for me-like they forgot what the movie was about.

One of the underserved fetishes within the '+' of 'LGBTQ+' (the "full title", the last time I checked) are the 'PieSexuals'...

Fortunatly, this 'community' is recognized in a delightful film of the same name ('Piesexuals'), which stars Persia Monir...

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I don't see Moonlight (2016) getting a mention. Not many reviews for it on MoFo, either. I've been looking at it out of the corner of my eye on Netflix, but, I just can't seem to add it to my watchlist. It's like this famous, brand new, Oscar-winning film that I truly have no interest in. Maybe I'll pass.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

This one was just released and it is actually quite good. Handsome Devil is set in an Irish boarding school where a 16-year old outcast is forced to room with a new transfer student who is a rugby player...this school is obsessed with the sport. The two soon form a "bromance" rather than a romantic thing but there are the LGBTQ themes within the movie. I actually enjoyed it and I even got to speak with the writer and director of the film, who told me the film is actually semi-autobiographical, basing the two main characters on himself.

Beautiful Boxer - the true story of Nong Toom, the first transgendered Muay Thai champion. Real-life kickboxer Asanee Suwan is wonderfully cast in his debut as the transitioned fighter, famous for her 1988 fight against Japanese wrestler Keiko Inoue. The real Nong Toom appears in the film as a masseuse.

The Iron Ladies - the true underdog story of 1996 volleyball team who won the Thai National championships. The team consisted of ladyboys, drag queens, a transitioned male to female, a closeted gay man, and a heterosexual captain, who eventually learns to accept his team for who they are and helps lead them to victory. Their coach was a butch female. Truly a Rocky-esque story that melds comic relief with the spirit of the sport and the realization of who you are and are meant to be.

brokeback and miller's crossing.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
For me, Brokeback Mountain and The Danish Girl.

Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight
That little guy was so good. There are some great young actors coming up through the ranks.

Also, when 'Call Me By Your Name' hits theaters November. It's possible our opinions will likely start changing.

Also, when 'Call Me By Your Name' hits theaters November. It's possible our opinions will likely start changing.
Hey don't get me too gee'd up for it, Cyn. I try to stay away from too much hype before a movie or I leave myself open to disappointment.

[quote=Gideon58;1609581]
Some very good films that haven't been mentioned (and a couple of them are on my list of all-time favorite movies):

Torch Song Trilogy

Thanks for mentioning this one...sometimes I think I'm the only person on the planet who has seen this movie.
I've often thought the same thing...nobody ever talks about it here.

Even as a straight 14-year old in 1971, I understood the sexual orientation of the title character of Lawrence of Arabia -- IMO, the best realized film of all time.

I wasn't sure if the character was supposed to be gay or if Olivier were just that "sweet" - whatever it was, he brought a sort of childlike wonder and awe to the film (and later a vulnerability) that a "manly man" portrayal of the character simply wouldn't have had to offer. If we suppose the character was gay, are to suppose that Fasil knew or was a little curious himself? Was this going beyond homosociality into a homoerotic bromance?