The Man in the High Castle

Tools    

Any one else watch the Amazon produced pilot for this ? I thought it was pretty good. Held me interested all through. I hear it's been greenlit for the series so am looking forward to seeing what develops as I've not read the Philip K. Dick book that the series is based on.

Basically the story is that the Allies have lost the war and America has been carved in two with the East Coast being run by the Nazis and the West Coast by the Japanese. Obviously there's informers and resistance, but it looks good too.

A system of cells interlinked
SO GOOD!!!!!

I loved it. Can't wait for the series...

Forgot to pick this back up after a pretty good first season. Anybody still watch this?
In the main I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons, and was delighted to see that a 4th and final season will premiere on Amazon on November 15, 2019.

The story and production were unique, and held a person's interest even after the main premise was revealed. It seems that it would be tricky to keep adding on to the story in successive seasons, so it'll be interesting to see what they've done with it.

To my taste the casting was a miss on 1 or 2 characters, especially Frank Frink's (Rupert Evans), and there was at least 1 groaner side story, but otherwise the production is first rate. Special kudos for the costuming and settings, which have ruined many WWII era style movie subjects.

~Doc

In the main I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons, and was delighted to see that a 4th and final season will premiere on Amazon on November 15, 2019.

The story and production were unique, and held a person's interest even after the main premise was revealed. It seems that it would be tricky to keep adding on to the story in successive seasons, so it'll be interesting to see what they've done with it.

To my taste the casting was a miss on 1 or 2 characters, especially Frank Frink's (Rupert Evans), and there was at least 1 groaner side story, but otherwise the production is first rate. Special kudos for the costuming and settings, which have ruined many WWII era style movie subjects.

~Doc
Okay then, good to hear. Will keep this one in mind for a rainy day.