Movie with race of humans who live in caves

Tools    

Hi i am new at this forum... i like watching movies and i watched movies since i was child... i was born in 1980 so i watched a lot of 80s and 90s movies...
So there is one movie that i watched in my childhood that j don't remember the name but i remember the story line... it goes like this...
Its a race of humans who live underground or in a cave, they live only 7 days, from day one to day 7 they develop fully and at the end of day 7 they die of old age... they train in all sorts of intellectual games for the first few days like chess sort of games... then they send the best candidate on a race through that cave to go outside but along the way he needs to pass a lot of traps riddles and at the end he plays a game with a human like creature with horns i think... then he wins and he goes outside and then he lives longer then 7 days.

I remember a short story I read in the 70's that was like that. I think that was a life-span of only a day. The person would be born fully conscious with the knowledge they'd die the next day. It was only a few pages from what I remember.

I don't remember the author, but I'd guess either Arthur C. Clarke or Piers Anthony.

Logan’s Run (1976) has a similar premise, but the people reach the age of 30, rather than 7 days. That was based on the book by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson.

Thank you all for the help i found the name of the movie its Quest from 1984
Its a short movie and because it was so long ago and i was very young i forgot most of the story line and details, like it's not 7 days lifespan its 8, and the creature at the end doesn't have horns and the people do t live underground or in a cave lol
Funny how memory changes over time. Any way you can watch it on you tube the whole short movie its about 30mins
Thank you all

Thanks for finding/remembering it. I had the wrong author. It was Ray Bradbury's Frost and Fire

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Its a short movie and because it was so long ago and i was very young i forgot most of the story line and details, like it's not 7 days lifespan its 8, and the creature at the end doesn't have horns and the people do t live underground or in a cave lol
Funny how memory changes over time. Any way you can watch it on you tube the whole short movie its about 30mins
Thank you all
Thanks for coming back to share the answer =)