Thief mentored at end of movie given a coin to enter pro thieves.

Tools    

Alright what I remember about the movie,
Movie location in the USA. I remember them going into a location that made me think New York. Brooklyn. But again not 100% sure. I’m from canada so never been,
I remember that the person is being mentored in the thief trade.
I remember there is a famous actor in the movie who is also old. Who was the mentor in the movie.
Thinking Clint Eastwood, gene hackman. Robert de niro. That generation of actors but can’t remember which one,
All I remember is that and the end of the movie. The person is given something, I think it was a gold coin. Something about the coins were something that the theives in Europe came up with. Think was Russia was mentioned, and that at the end of the movie. This person who was be mentored was given the coin. and that was their entrance into the true thieves circle.

I am normally very good with remembering movies. But with their being so many movies about thieves I can only ask for help.

Not it. Movie not that old. Was several old school thieves in it. Hmm was there a black and a white old thief. Maybe. I remember 2 or 3 older thieves in the movie even if they were not main characters. Thinking I may have found it. Movie called thick as theives. 2009 movie. But not sure yet. Have to skim movie. To find out

I’m 99% sure that the movie was thick as thieves from 2009. Strongly recommend it’s on the same level as the Italian job and oceans 11. Very good movie. So going to mark as awnsered