killer movie memory loss

Tools    

Hello if you guys dont mind im having a lot of trouble remembering the name of this movie i once saw that was really good a long time ago.

The movie takes place probably over 50 years with time jumps between a man when he was a boy and when he is a father. He owns a burger restaurant and is divorced. his wife has a new fiance that owns a country club and always is challenging the ex-husband to an arm wrestling match. The movie is divided into 4 or 5 sections with different titles one of them i think is called "the kind of attitude that leads to thing" or something. I remember in one of the worst scenes of the movies the mans daughter who goes to high school has been tutoring a student who is really poor and a run away and is constantly bullied has had enough and brings a gun to school and shoots people in her art class but doesn't die. Her dad sells the restaurant and tries to help his daughter get better but its at a late point in the movie. There also a bunch of minor character in the movie they're just people who live locally in the town there,s a middle aged ginger lady who is disabled with crutches, the father and police officer have a side story from the plot.

Whew! thats about as much as i can remember about the movie i know it sounds like a crazy movie if anyone know the name of it id really appreciate it or if anyone has any uestions to clarify it better

thanks

Account terminated on request
Where the characters all Caucasian, or were some of them black?
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

pretty much all white

thank you so much

From the book wiki: Miles Roby— is the seemingly content manager of the Empire Grill - Janine Roby—Miles' ex-wife - Walt Comeau—Janine's fiancé and the owner of a fitness club. Walt makes daily appearances at the restaurant to challenge Miles to an arm-wrestling match
Candace Burke—She finds some amusement when Zack picks on John, but is inevitably involved when John reaches his breaking point. - John Voss—John's history has created a dangerous aura about him, which eventually escalates. No one but Tick pays enough attention to him until it's too late.