Party movie from the 70s

Tools    

I cannot remember much of the film other than it was a party/cock tale party setting with a big water feature going through the center. There was a waiter that, over the duration of the movie, kept sneaking drinks off of the tray he has due to not many people wanting them. As the movie progresses he starts bumping into people and some fall into the water feature. Also another character that some how looses his shoe into the water feature and was desperately trying to retrieve it.

I believe it was made in the 70's but can't be sure. Used to watch it with family years ago. Any help will be great!!

Good description man.

I think the movie you are speaking about is Peter Sellers 1968 comedy aptly titled 'The Party'.

A useless trivia. That scene with the shoe was later plagiarised by a Bollywood blockbuster in 1982 called Namak Halal.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thank you so much WrinkledMind!!
That is indeed the movie!!