MoFo Fantasy Football 2012 - Week 2

Tools    

Yeah...not a great week last week for yours truly. Steelers lost, Pirates in a free fall, my MoFo team lost, and I missed all six of my MoFo league picks last week. Seriously. All six. That's incredible. I couldn't do that again if I tried. That said...I'll go ahead and try!

11 Angry Men (0-1) vs. show me the money! (0-1)
Dusty's team put up 133 points in week 1, which was the highest score in any losing effort. And there's definitely a lot of high-flying talent there. But Jennings has already been ruled out for tonight's game, and it seems unlikely that Brees is going to have to throw 52 times again against Carolina.

On the flip side, I've got some pretty good matchups, both MJD and Wallace should be a tiny bit sharper (though both had good games post-holdout, anyway), and Nicks should be a little healthier.

PREDICTION: I think I'll take this with a decent margin to spare.

RG3scompany (1-0) vs. Wyld Stallyns (0-1)
Adam struck it big with RGIII in his first game and finished with the second-highest score of the week. But there's got to be some comedown, even if it isn't necessarily this week. Adam got a huge week out of Brandon Marshall, too, and his Colby Fleener gamble worked...but only in the second half, as he did basically nothing in the first. Too many things came together simultaneously for me to think this is all that replicable.

That said, he does get Mathews back, and Sleezy has some tricky decisions to make at the Flex. Long-term I'll take Sleezy's team, but I think Adam keeps it going this week.

PREDICTION: Adam wins again!

Team Zissou (1-0) vs. Beantown Champs (1-0)
Losing Fred Jackson is a big blow for Fiscal. He's got a decent replacement, but he's probably going to need one for Jennings, as well, who may not play much, if at all. Fewer short-term question marks on Pete's side (dude had the highest score last week, by the way), but several injury risks.

PREDICTION: Pete spits in the face of his MoFo curse, moves to 2-0.

Liquor And Whores (1-0) vs. I Be Weave (0-1)
Liquor/Whores against a team name that sounds like baby talk. Night and day, man. Yahoo likes both squads this week. Lots of questions; will Chris Johnson be better? How about Michael Turner? Which Michael Vick will show up, and will he toss up another 20 points even if he plays that badly again? Dunno. Toughest call of the week.

PREDICTION: Dex.

Dillon Panthers (1-0) vs. Sookie's Suckers (1-0)
TONGO got a big day out of some key players last week. Peyton looks just like his old self (which, as a Steeler fan, is about as annoying as it is gratifying). But then, AP kinda does, too. Whether or not he's totally back to normal or has to take it easy at some point will be interesting, but early reports are that LT's gamble (and don't let her forget it was a gamble. ) might pay off.

She's still got four Patriots in her lineup, though, which means each week she's got a ceiling (they can't all kill) and a floor (pretty unlikely that entire offense gets shut down more than a couple times a year). But it's very all-or-nothing. But against Arizona this week, I think it'll be a bit more "all" than "nothing.

PREDICTION: LT moves to 2-0, immediately starts trash talking extra to make up for the deafening silence we got last year.

The Replicants (0-1) vs. Big Damn Heroes (0-1)
Another tough one. I think Mike gets the slight edge over Jay; gotta be nervous starting Lance Moore. Mike has some big play guys like Bryant and Cruz, but odds seem decent they combine for solid totals most weeks, even if one's boom and the other's bust. Just a matter of having one or two fewer question marks. But this is a tough call.

PREDICTION: Replicants.

Happy happy, joy joy.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Yoda
Sleezy has some tricky decisions to make at the Flex
Yeah, I think I've settled on Dexter McCluster, who I picked up on the waiver wire. He was team-high in targets this past weekend and the Chiefs are playing Buffalo. I've got Dwayne Bowe too, so one of those guys (I'm hoping both of them) should get plenty of receptions and a TD.

I thought about going with Danny Amendola, who's Bradford's only target and had a similar showing in team-high targets and a lot of yards. But I don't feel like he's as bankable just yet and I suspect Washington's defense will be just as aggressive as last week.

I also picked up Alshon Jeffery, who I briefly considered starting tonight because the matchup is Green Bay and I'm guessing Brandon Marshall will be pulling Charles Woodson's attention. But Jeffery still only got a third of Marshall's looks. He might post a similar point total, but it's too early to tell if he's a real focus in Chicago.

Yeah, reasonable. In a 12 team league at least half the teams are going to have to grab a few question mark guys in the Flex in the early going and see if any of them pan out. Be interesting to see how it goes down.

Amusingly, by the way, I've realized over time that while most of my decisions are rightly about improving my chances of winning, a few of them are just about minimizing the number of agonizing decisions I have to make week-to-week. Nothing worse than having to roughly guess about which guy to start, getting it wrong, and having it cost you the week.

I'm sorry you sucked so bad last week!

Go Whores!!!

Well with Jeremy Maclin probably going to be out Ive had my 1st swing slot dilemna - James Jones (Jennings out ) or Alfred Morris (coached by Shanahan )? At the last minute I decided to go with Morris.

As of now its the 5:13 left in the 2nd qtr of the Chi @ GB game and Jones has 1 catch but lost 5 yards. Good. Yeah I must be shallow hoping the guy I decided to bench will tank, but its more like fear of the big regret stick. Weve all felt that big regret stick, and I dont want any part of it

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
goo goo gah gah

A system of cells interlinked
Well, my kicker slotted 14 points last night - not a bad start!

Oh, and who is playing Sookie this week? I do NOT envy you.

Oh, and who is playing Sookie this week? I do NOT envy you.
Yeah and I dont envy me either. She got a solid 33 points and Peterson & the Pats havent even played yet. oy!

This matchup will be determined monday night as thats when my 3 Broncos play. Im estimating Peyton would be good for 25, McGahee & Decker about 15 each, so if shes more than 55 points ahead of me Ill be scared.

Also Steve Smith may be out, Maclin even more likely to be out, and its just week 2. Makes you wonder what our teams will look like in week 4

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Muahahahahahaha PETERSON. Just kidding this year shall be fun. I ditched my other leagues this year so I could kick it with ya'll!!!
I thought I had also told you Yoder that I was in for the cd / make up / whatever LT wants pool. LOL

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
I love this league so I wanted to focus on having more time to have fun and really think about players, strategies,etc.

Did I mention the trash talking as well???

I love this league so I wanted to focus on having more time to have fun and really think about players, strategies,etc.

Did I mention the trash talking as well???

Hopefully I can still do a Russell Edgington on your teams arse. Dont need Patriot laced teams winning the league 2 seasons in a row.

Sweet. I've still never been to a game, so I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts after following it for a number of years before finally going, since I'll probably do the same thing at some point.

In the Beginning...
Yeah, it's just been terribly cost-prohibitive to attend an NFL game these past few years, and probably still is. But my dad (also a lifelong Vikings fan) came into some money recently, so we both said screw it and sprung for some mid-level tickets. Obviously, we'd rather be seeing the Vikings for the first time at a home game, where we could both paint our bellies and rock the horned helmets. But Lucas Oil Stadium is supposed to be a baller of a facility, and we don't expect Colts fans to pay us too much mind.

It's a pretty intense experience. Especially if your team is pretty good and there's a little something on the line. Ear plugs is a decent way to go if you don't enjoy being a little fuzzy for an hour or two after the noise. Of course though, if I catch you wearing ear plugs, I'll point at you and laugh and call you a big sissy pants. So, your call.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Powdered Water
Of course though, if I catch you wearing ear plugs, I'll point at you and laugh and call you a big sissy pants. So, your call.
HA! Well, I'm hoping it'll be nice tomorrow and they'll keep the half-dome open. But yeah, I'm probably not prepared at all for the noise. And you just might see us, as we're fully expecting to be the only two Vikings fans there... and they'll have to show somebody.

You have Vike shirts? I'll keep a lookout. Or just bring a sign that says: "We're the only Vikes fans that know how to drive to Indianapolis". Or something.