MoFo Fantasy Football 2012 - Week 1!

Tools    

See? Week 1 gets an exclamation point in the title. Because of the excitementness.

Anyway, for those that don't know, the first game is Wednesday, IE: tomorrow. So make sure to get those lineups in. It's Cowboys-Giants. And then Sunday we get the normal slate of games.

Yahoo has a built-in game picker thingy this year, so that's cool. Check it out. Make your picks that way. And hey, we can post 'em here too if we wanna do commentary. Which I totally do.

11 Angry Men vs. Team Zissou
I think I drew a tough week 1 matchup, but I like my team, too. I'd pick me except for some of the mild MJD drama going around, which is doubly significant because Fiscal has Rashad Jennings, and may even play him. Early word is that Jennings still starts but MJD plays on 3rd down, at least initially. Second half, who knows. I've seen this game before, where someone isn't "starting" but gets most of the work anyway, especially with a top dog guy like this involved, so we'll see.

Oh, but wait, it's even more confusing! We have four Falcons players combined; he's got Matt Ryan, and I've got two of his targets, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. But he's got Julio Jones. So basically, pretty much every single play on offense will help him, me, or both of us.

I'll pick myself to win ever-so-slightly. I think MJD gets a score, the Jets keep Fred Jackson in check, and any scores to White or Gonzalez will net me more points than him. But the general intertwinedness of our squads means every shift is basically doubled.

PREDICTION: Meeeeee!

RG3scompany vs. I Be Weave
Adam's gonna be missing Mathews in week 1, it looks like, but I'd probably be taking Dex either way. I think Adam's team is interesting; it's easy to see most of his starters having big years, but both his WRs are in new situations (good ones, I think, but there's always uncertainty there), his TE is a rookie being thrown to by a rookie, and it's not entirely clear if Frank Gore is going to be The Man this year, or part of some kind of 60/20/20 timeshare. And while I think RG3 should be solid, I think he'll be outscored at QB most weeks. Might be fun to own but I just don't think the totals are going to be there to make him more than a borderline starter, with maybe top 7-8 upside.

PREDICTION: Dex.

show me the money vs. Sookie's Suckers
Dusty's got basically the same kind of team I drafted back in our second season: great on both sides of the passing game, and hoping to sort of duct-tape together a so-so running game. And hey, that can work; I went to MoFo Bowl II with that setup and was a huge favorite...before losing to, hey, whaddya' know, Dusty's opponent this week. Grumblegrumble.

LT's RBs look better for the season as a whole, but AP is still a question mark and doesn't figure to be completely himself (or getting almost all the work) even if he does play, so her advantage there is going to be blunted.

Both teams have a whiff of the homer about them; Dusty has two Packers and LT has four Pats (three currently starting). But then, both teams are full of fantasy relevant players, anyway.

PREDICTION: Dustin.

Liquor And Whores vs. Big Damn Heroes
PW's finally ditched the 'Roid theme, and his newly named squad (with hideous Seahawk-like uniforms with neon green cartoons of the whores and the liquor, no doubt) take on the defending champs (grumblegumble II) in week 1.

Nothing much stands out about this matchup to me, other than that PW has two guys going up against the Pittsburgh defense. I think PW's best path to victory is Stafford straight-up torching the Rams, but it's really hard to say before any games have been played. I'll go with Jay based on the advantage at WR, but I don't have a great handle on this one.

PREDICTION: Jay.

Dillon Panthers vs. Wyld Stallyns
TONGO runs three out against Pittsburgh, but Decker strikes me as the kind of guy who might be decent in PPR regardless of matchup. On the other hand, Sleezy's Rodgers, is up against last year's #2 defense, San Francisco, and they're bringing ALL their starters back. I expect them to take a big step back, but not necessarily on that side of the ball. And Witten looks like he may miss week 1, so that puts Celek in the lineup. There are some big boom/bust guys in there like Bowe and Bush, whereas I feel TONGO's team has more guys that are likely to put up at least decent totals.

PREDICTION: Sleezy's Stallyns, but I'll say not by a lot.

The Replicants vs. Beantown Champs
Ah, Petey. His horrendous luck in this league has been well-documented. It's seriously become mildly incredible. Particularly the last two years, where he was among the higher scoring teams and didn't make the playoffs either time. Dude has three of the five closest losses in team history, and seven of the closest 23. And nowhere on that last does he have a close win. He also has five of the 18 highest losing scores. It's really remarkable.

Anyway, hope springs anew, Petey. In week 1, you get your IRL friend Mike, who's pretty much always in the mix finishing 3rd, 4th, 8th, and 4th in the regular season standings over the league's history. Three playoff appearances and one near-miss.

Mike's got three guys going tomorrow--Eli, Dez, and Victor Cruz--so we should have a good idea of how this is going to go pretty soon. I'll take Mike's team, but this is a close one, and if I had to pick a matchup for highest combined score this week, this would probably be it.

PREDICTION: Mike.

Game on, lady and gentlemen.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I really really love my 3 WRs but I really really hate my RB's. I need Frank Gore to get injured so Kendall Hunter can be huge. That's doubtful to happen.

A system of cells interlinked
My RBs are a huge issue, but I shored up the rest of the team nicely, so I will just need OK outings from my backs, I think... I hope.

Wednesday night Football??? That doesn't even sound right.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
As long as Jon Gruden isnt in the booth, im a fan.

Eh, Gruden is alright. I've heard so many just god-awful announcers over the years that a guy like Gruden just rolls right off my back. I mean, I grew up with Madden. Gruden has nothin' on Madden. Some of the hardest to listen to are either local guys or the young "up and comers" that get picked to do the local games on a partially national stage. Half the time these guys barely even know how to pronounce the names of guys on the teams they're doing the game for!

Looking forward to some Sunday Night Football. Pittsburgh coming to Denver. Peyton Mannings 1st game back. Ive got Manning, Mcgahee, and Decker. Will Eric Decker be a white Reggie Wayne?! Wow thatd be nice.

Concerned about playing Willis MCGahee though vs that Steelers run defense. Also Marshawn Lynch may be out with lingering back spasms. Feh! Roy Helu may be slotted somehow this sunday either way.

Nate Burleson is on my pine, but may not stay there long. Maclins up against that tough Cleveland pass defense. I may switch those 2 out a dozen or so times before gametime.

So it begins

Eh, Gruden is alright. I've heard so many just god-awful announcers over the years that a guy like Gruden just rolls right off my back. I mean, I grew up with Madden. Gruden has nothin' on Madden. Some of the hardest to listen to are either local guys or the young "up and comers" that get picked to do the local games on a partially national stage. Half the time these guys barely even know how to pronounce the names of guys on the teams they're doing the game for!
I predict Gruden will find a way to work in a favre memory at least 3 times for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Oh and Chris you'll be thrilled to learn a new virtual Trophy has been created in the other thing :

My turn, without the write up

show me the money! vs. Sookie's Suckers

My Pick-em's for week 1

Dallas at New York
Miami at Houston
New England at Tennessee
Atlanta at Kansas City
Philadelphia at Cleveland
St. Louis at Detroit
Washington at New Orleans
Buffalo at New York
Indianapolis at Chicago
Jacksonville at Minnesota
Carolina at Tampa Bay
San Francisco at Green Bay
Seattle at Arizona
Pittsburgh at Denver
Cincinnati at Baltimore
San Diego at Oakland

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
show me the money! vs. Sookie's Suckers

My Pick-em's

Dallas at New York
Miami at Houston
New England at Tennessee
Atlanta at Kansas City
Philadelphia
at Cleveland
St. Louis at Detroit
Washington at New Orleans
Buffalo at New York
Indianapolis at Chicago
Jacksonville at Minnesota
Carolina at Tampa Bay
San Francisco at Green Bay
Seattle at Arizona
Pittsburgh at Denver
Cincinnati at Baltimore
San Diego at Oakland

It must be infuriating to be a Giants fan. They can win the title and then in the very first game of the next season roll out a clinker like that. Now Romo had a great game, but still. They may look like that for several weeks and then go on a ridiculous run of some kind. Football.

How about those replacement refs though eh? Never thought I'd actually miss the regular zebras but if last night was any indication of the kind of calls these jokers will be making, then by all means, let's get the regular guys back in here. Stat!

A system of cells interlinked
I am realizing I grabbed two studs from a team I hate, and i need to rely on them all season....

Well, if i lose, it will just prove that the Giants are crap.

Finally!

Marshawn is supposed to play, and thats good. Otherwise I woulda had to cart out Jonathan Dwyer, and with McGahee, it wouldve been weird having 2 RBs on opposing sides for my run game.

Dropped Nick Folk for Connor Barth, but not just for homer motives. Barth is a great kicker yknow, and I dropped the Lions for the Saints. Suspensions aside I feel Who Dat' Nation may surprise alot of folks. Hopefully theyll surprise RG III today.

Sports Illustrated and alot of known sports sources predict the Broncos to go to the Super Bowl. I really hope thats not the kiss o' death.

I am ready now to break in and tame a horse. A Wyld Stallion even

Not sure if Stattracker is gonna have chat available. I set up a free chatroom for both leagues.

http://zippychat.com/room/ytneh

MoFo Fantasy Football & PPR Jungle

Yeah, ST's chat is gone. Just as well, it was pretty awful.

I wouldn't be against opening the MoFo chat room up again at some point. But that link works for me, too. If anyone feels strongly either way lemme know.

I'll be in and out most of the day. Gotta get this house painted and today's the last real good day weather wise. But I'll pop in with a few ill timed smart-assed remarks, I'm sure.

Yeah, ST's chat is gone. Just as well, it was pretty awful.

I wouldn't be against opening the MoFo chat room up again at some point. But that link works for me, too. If anyone feels strongly either way lemme know.
Yeah Im all for a MoFo chatroom