MoFo Fantasy Football 2011 Week 5

Tools    

This MoFo Fantasy Football thread is brought to you this week by Van Camps Pork and Beans: "Nothing says Van Camps like a big ripping smelly pork and bean fart!"

After a two week hiatus... well, let's be honest, I just couldn't be bothered. I am back and bigger than ever! And this time I have corporate sponsoring! In fact, this next sentence is going to be brought to you by Midol. Which I need, because my man vagina hurts. REAL BAD. Speaking of bad, my team stinks, apparently. PW is currently trying to negotiate a trade with an owner of another team that also stinks but LT is still so pissed at her team she will only speak to me through a Japanese interpreter. I don't speak Japanese and honestly, neither does she so this whole process has been a complete waste of time. Hopefully my offer to bribe her with a foodstuff of any kind whatsoever will calm her enough to at least come to the table an see if we can trade a couple of our crappy players for someone else's crappy players. Fingers crossed!

This weeks picks are being brought to you by Spic and Span. "Why just clean your floors? Make them Spic and Span!"

PW's Odd Squad vs. Sookie's Suckers

Sigh... what can I say? A couple of players makes all the difference. Over in the Jungle I lose Charles and my team is still just rolling along. Here, with a few different receivers my team is a disaster. Several of LT's players are on bye this week though so if I have a shot to kick a girl when she's down (and I'd totally do that) this appears to be the week to do so.

My pick: Odd Squad I hope... I hope

11 Angry Men vs. The No Name Gang

The Angry men appear set to make another run to the playoffs and this weeks victim has a few key players out. He's got a few guys he can plug in there though so this will be pretty close unless Rodgers just goes off again which is entirely possible as he's better than Favre ever was. Who knows? I do.

My pick: No Name's name is Robert Paulson.

The Mean Machine vs. Big Damn Heroes

Looks like another good one unless the Pats struggle, even so that Brady to Welker thing is seemingly even more ridonkulous than usual this year.

My pick: Big Damn Heroes, "Ten percent of nothin' is ... let me do the math here ... nothin' into nothin' ... carry the nothin' ... "

Hired Goons vs. Wyld Stallyns

All of the sudden Sleezy is vying for trader of the year. He's moving guys left and right in an effort to devise a new and improved MoFo fantasy juggernaut. Man that was a good sentence. I should write stuff like that more often, maybe more folks would read this crappy column if I did. Nah...

Other that, I got nuthin, looks like a close game.

My pick: Hired Goons. Because I smile whenever I say Goons. Or Gooney. Or any other variation of the word Goon.

Beantown Champs vs. Mindsculpters

I only take back the one or two really bad obscenities I hurled in Petey's general direction last Sunday. As his team of misfits finally decided to show up and put the hurtin' on what was supposed to be my next win to get even in the early season. But noooooooo, now his team is unbeatable! We should all quiver in fear at how puny we are next the might Champs and their unstoppable train of a ship that goes real fast.

Bah, his team really looks good on paper, I just can't figure out who's dog he ran over and what little old gypsy lady cursed his ass so badly that his teams have underperformed so mightily in the last 3 years. Whatareyougonnado? Pick against him, that's what.

My pick: Mindsculpters. And I have no idea how because that's a terrible team too. I mean, just look at it. HA!!!

Team Zissou vs. Flash II

Zissou is making some interesting moves and Flashy should have a better record than he does if Indy had anything at all on the bench. I think Flashy gets one this week.

My pick: Flashy II, Dance!

The Replicants vs. Dextruction

This game of the week is brought to you by Rolaids. "How do you spell relief? W. I. N!!!

I'm telling you its that cool new Replicant logo that's making all the difference this season. No undefeated teams after this week. I says.

My pick: The Replicants, shine once again, ever so brightly.

Well that was fun. If I can't get something worked out with LT pretty soon I may be bombarding some of you with deals pretty soon because I obviously need to do something with my sad little team.

Good luck peeps!

Yeah my Jungle team looks better than my MoFo team, but the MoFos 3-1 and Jungles 1-3. What the?! Makes no sense

Oh I am so a Jets fan come this sunday. My chance of winning mostly lies on how well the Jets shut the Pats offense down, if at all. Ive seen them get decimated by the Pats last year then come back and beat them soundly (Revis).

I sure hope all the talk about Ryan specifically focusing on the Patriots too much is true. If it were then the Jets winning would make sense. So it would make sense if the Jets win, and then Id win, and then my Jungle team would be 3-1 cause....that would make sense!

im screwed

The World's Smallest Violin
Don't be so sure, Tongs. The Pats won handily last week, but with a balanced attach, which netted me a loss. My team relies heavily on 2fers, so if Brady doesn't get to the endzone multiple times with my two targets, I'm sunk. Also, Woodhead isn't nearly the workhorse 3rd down back he was last year, and is looking at even less time on the field this week - making my RB threat even more non-existent, as if that was possible.

A system of cells interlinked
I dunno man... Dex has outscored me pretty consistently so far...

Go bots!

So whats the best breakfast to eat on a sunday morning? Waffles! Im waffling right now between Jacoby Jones & Brandon LaFell.

JJ has always been a WR I expected to step-up in Houston, and you'd think with Andre out he will shine right? This happened a couple games last season though and JJ & Schaubs #'s were just meh.

Brandon LaFell is the 3rd WR and has the 5th most receiving yards on the team behind Smith, Olsen, Shockey, and Stewart. Up against the Saints though Cam will have to throw, and alot. Its inevitable LaFell will see some throws, and wont be guarded by the best guys NO has as theyll be busy with Olsen and Steve Smith.

Its a gutsy/stupid call but Im going with LaFell over Jacoby. Ive seen last season JJ not excel in this situation. I hope Im right -fingers crossed smiley-

Waffles are nice, but my almost-no-sugar diet means I haven't had 'em in awhile. My lady did make me an egg-and-cheese bagel this morning, though, and that was awfully good.

It's the Bye weeks, which means we'll see a motley guy or two in pretty much every lineup this week.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
On this day of giving thanks, i am struggling to comprehend why Pw is doubten the dextruction.

I suppose its a combo of a stinky Mangina coupled with best wishes for Birthday Boy Seds.

WOLVERINES!!

Replicants will win because of their cooler logo Dex.

I have resolved my WR3 dilemna by dropping Kyle Orton & Jacoby Jones to waiver, and picked up Colt McCoy & Mohammed Masaquoi who are both on a Bye this week. At least I wont be scrambling week to week so much this next month because my entire bench is on a Bye this week.

the best part of this week is, no matter how good or bad the troops do today, i have Megatron, Forte and a kicker still to count on Monday.

its like haven 50 pts in the bank.

I think I hate fantasy football. Sookie picks up The Plague for her spot start this week. What does he do on the opening drive? In New York? Drives the damn team right down the effing field and throws a TD pass.

I guess I'm supposed to be happy about this.

Looks like StatTracker is shot, eh? Oh well.

Mix of good and bad so far. The bad is that Dusty's starting a couple of major question marks at RB, so naturally this is the week Marshawn Lynch busts a 47-yarder and then runs it in on the next play.

However, Adrian Freakin' Peterson (seriously, he should just legally make that his middle name) has 3 TDs in the first quarter of the game. Minnesota's up 28-0 on Arizona already. Given the talk about letting him close out the game, I'm not too worried about them sitting him, but if it keeps up sometime around the 4th quarter they'll probably have to. Still early, but the guy's got himself a 23.90 total already. Pour it on, AFP!

Also, Vick has two INTs and a lost fumble in my other league...and I still find myself just assuming he'll throw together 20-30 points by the end of the game.

That 47 yarder was great. That dude is hysterical. He was actually looking around after he got about 15 yards down field so he could try to hit somebody before he got tackled. It was probably the most Un-Beastly Beast-Mode of his career.

When I see him actually break one (you know, every four years, like the Olympics or a Presidential Election), it makes me think of that scene in Little Giants where the kid with the glasses recovers a fumble and runs frantically screaming "I'M GONNA SCORE A TOUCHDOWN!"

Meanwhile, Steelers up 14-3, and it's more than that...they made the Titans look silly on that last drive. First with a beautifully executed fake punt, then an end-around handoff that picked up a first down, and then a play fake to Ward for the TD where he was all alone. They did some serious gameplanning this week, because they played the Titan D like a fiddle on that drive. That was worth a lot more than 7 points.

Well Suffice it to say, i am thrilled that i don't have either Vick nor Kolb as my starting QB