This is really really weird

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
and anyway, that's actually sort of hilarious, it sounds like something my friends would do to me

The King of Movies
I actually think that Holden was out of line. King's post wasn't asking people to judge his spelling, Holden's post came off to me as condescending and rude. It had nothing to contribute to the conversation other than ridiculing somebody and accomplishing nothing. Especially since i've seen much much worse than King's spelling.
Thanks Rice

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He's always picking on people he thinks are below him.

Suspect's Reviews

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
and anyway, that's actually sort of hilarious, it sounds like something my friends would do to me
When I first read it, it kinda reminded me of the serial killer boots story of yours actually.

When I first read it, it kinda reminded me of the serial killer boots story of yours actually.

0.0 i don't remember that! remind me

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
0.0 i don't remember that! remind me

You were finishing up a paper in criminology about a serial killer(was it Bundy?) and were getting into your car and opened your garage door and saw a scary pair of serial killer boots standing right outside your garage door turn and walk briskly away before the door came above the knees and you pulled out and nobody was there and you never found out who it was.

You were finishing up a paper in criminology about a serial killer(was it Bundy?) and were getting into your car and opened your garage door and saw a scary pair of serial killer boots standing right outside your garage door turn and walk briskly away before the door came above the knees and you pulled out and nobody was there and you never found out who it was.

ooohh yeah! that was sooo weird! i completely forgot about that, the paper was on Gacy and i still never asked my parents if somebody was supposed to be coming to our house at seven o clock in the morning for something o.0 Yeah i just opened the garage door and saw some guy's boots walk by while it was opening and when i pulled out in the car there was nobody there >.>

On the spelling thing:

I don't think Pike was trying to be overly rude about it. I've seen him when he's trying and believe me he can do it much better.

I know that many people think that spelling and composition don't count on the internet but I disagree. A carefully crafted post with few, if any, spelling errors carries a lot more weight than one that is hasty, slobbed together and illegible. I'm NOT saying your post wasn't thought out, King, but you maybe could have glanced over it to check the spelling before posting it.

In Pike's defense, don't you all appreciate the time and effort he puts into his threads? I know I do. That's not to say he doesn't make mistakes, he does. He usually goes back and fixes them though and if it's a mis-spelling in a thread title he reports his own threads.

Not everyone is going to put forth the time and effort that Pike puts into his threads but I don't think it's all that unreasonable of him to expect people to take some care with regard to spelling/grammar/etc in the posts/threads that they create.

Sometimes I don't agree with Pike's methods but usually when he takes the time to poke at something there's some value in the message even if the way it's presented is sometimes disagreeable.

Anyway, I fixed the spelling in the thread title (I do that whenever I happen to see them).

All of that said, I like the content of this thread and the way it's going so please continue.

[/soapbox]

Well we have to look at where this post was, the intermission: miscellaneous chat section. Do we really have to put all that much time and effort into such a frivolous post? All of our posts can't be just like Holden's and i don't even think that's what he was trying to accomplish, and if it was then he sure has a strange way of typing it. It was completely off topic and look, it ruined the entire thread. Luckily i've been a good speller my whole life (did i spell speller right? is that a word? =P) and some people just genuinely suck at it and i would be incredibly frustrated if somebody ruined my thread with something like that, completely unasked for people just need to loosen up. I didn't even notice the spelling errors when i first read it, the second time i did but only because people pointed it out. It's not like King was trying to make a super intelligent post or anything, this wasn't meant to be a seriously thought out issue but i'll post more tomorrow maybe...i won't for sure be free from school and work until 3:30 on saturday and sorry if this post doesn't make much sense i'm really behind on sleep and have to get up in four hours to go to school =\ then go to work for six hours, then get up at 6 the next day and go to work for 8 hours...then it will be 3:30 and i'll be free! sorry...tangent...i gotta have hope though

I dunno, we could go back and forth on it I suppose. Some days it bothers me, some days not. I'm old and have earned the right to be fussy now and then

By the by, those who were instrumental in locating and excavating King Tut's tomb were also said to be cursed. It sure made for some great mummy movies in the 1930's.

This morning i walked outside my house and i found a photocopied news paper artical about the curse of "Oetzi the ice man". To sum it up, the artical was about people dieing who found the mummy and who came into contact with him, hence being a curse.

So i thought it was pretty weird because why was there a single artical about this topic on this peice of paper floating around out side my house. Then i dedided to look up the artical on the internet and i found out the artical was published in 2005!!!!

Should i be scared or is this all just chance???
"People are entirely too disbelieving of coincidence. They are far too ready to dismiss it and to build arcane structures of extremely rickety substance in order to avoid it. I, on the other hand, see coincidence everywhere as an inevitable consequence of the laws of probability, according to which having no unusual coincidence is far more unusual than any coincidence could possibly be. "

-Isaac Asimov