horror series back in the day

Tools    

I'm looking for this series I used to watch 12 years back featuring anthological episodes; one of them focusing on this hobo taken into custody late one night and then getting lose, killing everybody inside the precinct. In the end one officer tries to kill him by using some poisionous powder on herself. The collective name may have been something like "thursday scary stories".

I kinda remember a show like that. Or maybe a movie. A couple possibilities: Monsters, Tales From The Darkside, Tales From The Crypt or The Outer Limits remake.

It's not a film nor is it any of those mentioned though it seems to resemble 'tales from the darkside'; this "series" appeared as new when I watched it around 15 years ago.

Thanks for all these additional suggestions of good shows but none of them match. I came across that episode here on Swedish television so it would have been sometime after the original American airing. I would say that the timeframe we are looking at is 2000-2010 to put it broad. Regarding the episode in question, I do have the recollection (I think) of John Goodman playing one of the officers. I've checked his record but none the wiser.

Cheers, thats the one.