LF a few horror films (only remembering parts)

Tools    

Hi

Please help me find a few horror films. My memory is hazy, so I can only remember a few, vague parts. So forgive me for using a lot of "probably" or "maybe", because some of those films are just so hazy in my mind, that I barely remember them

1). Around year 2000 (or 90s), driving in the desert and battling some flying demons or other creatures (maybe gargoyles?). Probably using a harpoon. Happens during day time.

2). Around year 2005, the movie starts with a few people driving on a road, in the middle of nowhere. Maybe some (old?) woman comes out of the bushes. It's kind of a desert area with grey bushes, if it makes sense. Maybe a road accident happens here. Probably with a beheading, or something. Kind of "Hills Have Eyes" or "Texas Chainsaw" vibes. Happens during day time.

3). This one is really vague: A super old pre 90s movie, or stop motion animation (probably even foreign). A guy is wearing a hat (not Freddy Krueger) - and there is a humanoid creature (maybe bald). The creature is cut in two (sideways, by the belly) and starts walking on its hands, instead. Happens during night time, or in the dark. And there is lots of mist / fog and creepy vibes.

4). A (probably 80s) sci-fi horror, I think. Probably American, too. Some space crew finds an elongated alien artifact that resembles a bit an American football ball (but more elongated, less pointy and dark in color). And they analyze it. Mysterious vibes.

I hope any horror geniuses have a clue of what I am talking about

1). Around year 2000 (or 90s), driving in the desert and battling some flying demons or other creatures (maybe gargoyles?). Probably using a harpoon. Happens during day time.
This one sounds like Jeepers Creepers (or a sequel)

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
[quote=Aleque;2285936]

4). A (probably 80s) sci-fi horror, I think. Probably American, too. Some space crew finds an elongated alien artifact that resembles a bit an American football ball (but more elongated, less pointy and dark in color). And they analyze it. Mysterious vibes.

1. Could be John Carpenter's Vampires

4. Could be Hardware (1990) - post apocalyptic, guy finds parts of a robot in the desert and brings it home. Girlfriend incorporates its head (football shaped, if I recall correctly) into her artwork but it gains sentience and kills everyone.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I appreciate the replies. So far nothing rings a bell specifically, but I will check out those movies later. The movies I am looking for are so deep inside my subconscious, that it almost feels like that dreamt it.

There is a movie called Gargoyles that happens in the SW USA desert. They come back to life every thousand? years. A professor and his daughter are traveling through the area. They kidnap her and there are scenes in a cave. It was a tame made-for-TV kind of movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068622/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

There is a movie called Gargoyles that happens in the SW USA desert. They come back to life every thousand? years. A professor and his daughter are traveling through the area. They kidnap her and there are scenes in a cave. It was a tame made-for-TV kind of movie.

Thanks. I will check out that one as well. I will report back if any of those films "click".

Btw, a side question: There is a 80s or 90s vampire movie with a scene where a man falls down the staircase and then a bat come flying up. Any ideas?