Soldiers need to be used to insanity

Tools    

I just watched the first version of The Thin Red Line. From 1964. The sergeant was harassing the men and told the Captain that since war is insanity, the soldiers need to get used to insanity. Otherwise they may start thinking for themself and that would be bad.
I think that line/idea was used in another war movie, like maybe Platoon. I might just remember the line from long ago, the first time I watched The Thin Red Line. Do you remember that line/idea from another movie?

Second question. What was the WWII war movie based in Europe where they find an insane asylum and end up killing the inmates?

Second question. What was the WWII war movie based in Europe where they find an insane asylum and end up killing the inmates?
King of Hearts (1966) is a comedy which involves a British soldier meeting escaped residents of an insane asylum. I thought most, if not all, of them lived.

Thanks but King Of Hearts is not it. The one I am thinking of is a gritty story of a platoon in WWII kinda like The Thin Red Line.

Oh. I just noticed. There is a 1980 move, The Big Red One based in Europe with Lee Marvin. That might be the answer to both questions. I will have to watch that one.

That's The Big Red One. There is a scene in a mental hospital where one of the patients gets ahold of a machine gun. That might be what you're looking for?

That's The Big Red One. There is a scene in a mental hospital where one of the patients gets ahold of a machine gun. That might be what you're looking for?

Yes. That must be it. Thanks. I am watching it right now.

EDIT: Yes, this is the answer to my second question.