Is Charlie Sheen's career over?

Tools    

The truth is in here
He's always been one of my favorite actors. Whether it's a comedic role or a dramatic one, he always makes a big impression on you. Hell, even with Foodfight!, where he clearly didn't give a sh'it at all, you still remember how amusingly embarrassing it was to watch him in it. But like most actors who live a risky lifestyle, the curtain closes on him sooner or later.

Even today, he's still haunted by his meltdown behind the scenes of Two And A Half Men. He definitely had a lot of time to prevent his firing from happening, but he kept showing up drunk and mouthing off, so Chuck Lorre finally had enough. (Though it has to be said I think the way Lorre treated his character's departure was extremely immature either way, and disrespectful to the audience)

There was a small glimmer of hope with Anger Management. He got to rock the TV screens once more. Sure, young women getting hot and bothered by him is a little more of a stretch this time, but his wit and charming screen presence still makes it work somehow.

But after two major cast members left and the network treated the show like dirt, it was done. The most notable thing he's done after that is the 9/11 movie with Whoopi Goldberg, and I don't mean that in a good way.

What kind of role would it take for him to resurrect his career? Personally, I think it's time for him to divert from the self-referential roles he's gotten in later years. I mean, I love Charlie Harper and Charlie Goodson, but if he wants to be taken seriously at this point he'll have to try something different. Remember when he played a fireman turned serial killer in Under Pressure? Wasn't the greatest movie ever, but he acted the hell out of that role. It shows if he's taken out of his comfort zone, he can deliver something quite special.

Yeah, it's kinda a shame. The comedic stuff has always been really, really good. The dramatic stuff, at least occasionally decent. Versatile actor who can do a lot. I miss the goofy stuff the most, which I guess is good because that'd be the "easiest" for him to get back into with all the insanity his life became.

one of my favorite comedian actor. it's pity if he's movie's carrier is over. He has contributed a lot into the industry

I like him a lot in The Chase, terminal velocity , and hot shots and christy swanson is one of the few short hair hot chick actresses out there..

It's been over. And it's his own doing.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I wonder if he's been able to stay clean and sober? At aged 54, he could still have a career if he wanted to. He's HIV positive, but with treatment he may not get AIDS.

I hope so. He doesn't look right to me. I don't want to see his face on the screen but good luck to him.

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

The trick is not minding
If it is over, it is by his own hand.
I liked his early films, but his treatment of women and others (he once threatened Ashton Kutcher via a tweet) has alienated him from me.