MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2019 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Time for all the wild and crazy end of season scrambling.

Let's get to it!

Let's do this thang, baby! I'm tryna get this repeat, yo!

You probably will. I definitely called it a little too early last week, given that we were within 3-4 points Friday evening with a good 8-9 more up in the air.

Honestly, this is probably the best I've ever run a team, given how many things went wrong with absolute stud players, both in terms of performance and injury. But baseball can be a harsh mistress. Still love it, though.

You probably will. I definitely called it a little too early last week, given that we were within 3-4 points Friday evening with a good 8-9 more up in the air.

Honestly, this is probably the best I've ever run a team, given how many things went wrong with absolute stud players, both in terms of performance and injury. But baseball can be a harsh mistress. Still love it, though.
Yeah man I had a good thing going there and then I went through the craziest week I've seen in my time playing this fine game. Just kinda got the USS Roids leveled off on friday. I really love this game. Maybe Chris can verify this later but I'm sure this is the closest year yet.

Best part is all the double takes you end up doing looking at the waiver wire.
Shoulda seen the double take I did when Ramirez came back early from his injury and hit 2 taters and had 7 rbi's.

Yeah, that was fun. That was one of the reasons it wasn't over as soon as I thought. There's a lot of guesswork with these late season injuries.

Honestly, I'm looking at the numbers now, and it's *still* plausible the outcome could change. Not likely, but a lot of the stuff is correlated (like Mark being able to pass you in two categories with one homer, or you and me being neck-and-neck in OBP). Kinda nuts that there's basically an hour left in the season and there's a not-ridiculous path, still.

I kinda hope it doesn't end up too close, though, because if it does the weirdly high RP innings total yesterday, which narrowly put me over the limit heading into the last day, could end up being what swung it.

And that's the ballgame(s). Congrats to PW. Another photo finish, but I expect nothing less from this league, pretty much every year.

I'll do some statistical postmortem stuff tomorrow. Probably gonna be flinching the whole time thinking of how much went crazily wrong, but that's often the case when it's close. It's a long season and it doesn't take much.

Well played everyone!

Wow, that was close. I was watching the gamechannel thing pretty much all weekend. I don't think I've ever had to juggle my lineup before as much as I did this week. Crazy stuff.

My MVP without a doubt is Jonathan Villar. He was having a decent season but then the light came on and he turned into Jose Ramirez II. And at a time when the real Jose had seemingly been lost for the year. If I had 5 or 6 Villars every year I think this thing be a lot easier. I almost had three tho for most the year and it mostlly worked out. First 40-20 in a minute, apparently. What a season.
You guys do not make this easy. You all better believe that I am coming hard for the 3peat!!!

CONGRATULATIONS PW!

Even with Christian Yelich I was below average. I think I may need LEM to help me out next year My pitching did a nosedive after the first 6 weeks but many a bad decision was made by me besides. I know I'm a broken record when I say this but I really got to flip the script on how I run my team, I really do think I'm better than this. As always though it was a lot of fun

Thanks Tongs. I'm not sure you make bad decisions. I am often surprised at how quickly you'll pull the plug on guys that will probably help you tho. You've signed several guys that i've lliked and I'm always pretty sure I'll get another shot at him in a few days. I guess that's the real rub of this thing. How long do you hold onto someone who isn't helping you? And how long do you let a new guy go so you can decide if he's good?

Thanks Tongs. I'm not sure you make bad decisions. I am often surprised at how quickly you'll pull the plug on guys that will probably help you tho. You've signed several guys that i've lliked and I'm always pretty sure I'll get another shot at him in a few days. I guess that's the real rub of this thing. How long do you hold onto someone who isn't helping you? And how long do you let a new guy go so you can decide if he's good?
I'm just too impatient, and impulsive. If they're not producing in the top 100 over a 14 day period I chuck them. Also I like to tinker too much. I keep up to date on new players but baseball is so deep with talent I have a hard time just "waiting and see". I dont think I traded too much this year but my move count was still outlandish. With digence hopefully there will be better days/seasons to come, and I'll regain my nerve to do league writeups again.

Congratulations PW. You were in the drivers seat pretty much the whole season. You earned it. Nice surge at the the end that put Mark in 3rd. Its almost a for gone conclusion that Chris will take 1st or 2nd. Congratulations and Thanks to everyone on a nice season and I look forward to next year.

I'm just too impatient, and impulsive. If they're not producing in the top 100 over a 14 day period I chuck them. Also I like to tinker too much. I keep up to date on new players but baseball is so deep with talent I have a hard time just "waiting and see".
And I was the opposite. I'd be hanging on to players for way too long thinking as soon as I drop them they will go off. That's why I was also so gun shy on trades.

Congratulations PW on the win!

It's been about ten years since I last tried FB and it was fun (at least it was fun until I dropped about 12 pts in a week). I wish my team would have more competitive but I blame that 100% on the front office and not the manager.

A system of cells interlinked
Well crap. My team had a bit of a meltdown in the final days, with all my pitching getting shelled, and my hitters staying quiet, which was exactly the opposite of what I needed to happen. C'est la vie!

Congrats PW!

Well, what a year. I wasn't kidding when I said I think this is the best I've run a team. I lost a Cy Young breakout candidate basically all year, the best power hitter in baseball basically all year, the best pitcher in baseball for half a year (worse, because he came back for a couple months and wasn't himself), and traded for an elite pitcher who had the worst year of his career, and somehow was still one good day away from pulling it out. I basically got half a team of stars off of great mid-round picks and waiver gems, but the attrition was too much in the end.

How close was it? Six homers, 3 RBIs, and one point of OBP would've been enough to win the championship (less if we get other teams involved, since Mark was one blast away from swinging two more). I feel, uh, moderately confident Giancarlo Stanton could've provided that, even if he'd only missed, I dunno...two-thirds of the season? So it goes.

Man am I gonna miss baseball.

My MVP without a doubt is Jonathan Villar.
Yep, for sure. Garver kinda went nuts, too, at a position where that's rare. But Villar's the single-biggest reason. I drafted him in my other league, a money league, and managed to win it (the other dude was in first for 5+ months of the season!), and he's definitely one of the reasons why.

You guys do not make this easy. You all better believe that I am coming hard for the 3peat!!!
Oh hell no. I cannot allow it. Last time I finished twice a few times in a row I won the next two. I'm bringing it next year, and you're going to run out of voodoo dolls eventually.