Jim Jarmusch’s The Dead Don’t Die

Tools    

https://slate.trib.al/Kq8MROQ

The trailer:

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This movie came out of nowhere, and I’m pumped to watch it. Bill Murray and Adam Driver kicking some zombie ass, with a couple of those zombies being Iggy Pop and Carol Kane? I’m sold!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Great cast, but some of the comedy in the trailer didn't hit with me. Odd mix here.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I'm always down for more Jarmusch, but I saw the AV Club's A.A. Dowd give it a C so I've tempered my expectations accordingly.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I shouted about it and it got no reaponse.

I don't know much about JJ besides C&C and Paterson, so this seems like a departure for him. Or maybe he doesn't have a style.

Surprised we don't have a thread for this, but I didn't hear anything about it until just a couple of weeks ago:
That guy on the right sure looks like Art Carney, but it must be Bill Murray.

They're still making zombie flicks??? Well, at least it's advertised as a comedy.

Welcome to the human race...
I am considerably intrigued by the mixed-to-negative reactions this has gotten (especially when the negative reviews have been really negative). I still have to wait until October to actually see it, though, but I really have no idea what I will personally make of it.

Here's an underrated film, that had something to say. Jim is a fan of Twin Peaks, and you can see that in this film, very easy going. The cafeteria scene is one of my favorites, alongside with the introduction, the hermit scene. In this polarized society that we live in, we should get a little of what Jim is trying to say. The world is a big place, and has space for everyone, there's no reason to try to make everyone like you, or accept you, let people live with their bullshit, because that bullshit, is part of who they are, their belief system is based on their education and values, and when you see who they are, you don't take offense, but the problem seems to be: people want to get offended, it's a weapon they want everyone to value, it gives them relevance and ultimately validation, what for?