Terminator Reboot... A Stand Alone Trilogy

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
They did that though, SC with Terminator 3 and Salvation.

Judgement Day happened in T3 and they moved on to what happened afterward in Salvation.

And nobody liked it.
Judgement Day and The War should have stayed in the dialogue and never shown. the result is known anyway, John Connor leads human uprising to victory over the machines.....the end. No need for an actual movie to be made of it.

Judgement Day and The War should have stayed in the dialogue and never shown. the result is known anyway, John Connor leads human uprising to victory over the machines.....the end. No need for an actual movie to be made of it.
Well, I don't wanna see John Connor again, but can't the ending change? This is Terminator where events are supposed to be changing all the time.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Not true, a constant theme throughout Terminator...originally anyway, was that history could be changed and Judgement Day averted. Keeping that in mind, with things changing, imagine that John Connor isn't necessarily going to be able to save mankind. Imagine he dies, focus the story, in the future, new set of characters, new set of terminators and show us a different world.

Every Terminator post T2 has tried copying it's theme, from the action set pieces to the music. It needs a change in direction, much like the Batman movies.

This just looks like a rerun of T2 and is coming across as very cynical.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Not true, a constant theme throughout Terminator...originally anyway, was that history could be changed and Judgement Day averted. Keeping that in mind, with things changing, imagine that John Connor isn't necessarily going to be able to save mankind. Imagine he dies, focus the story, in the future, new set of characters, new set of terminators and show us a different world.

Every Terminator post T2 has tried copying it's theme, from the action set pieces to the music. It needs a change in direction, much like the Batman movies.

This just looks like a rerun of T2 and is coming across as very cynical.
That's exactly right.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I'm so

It looks good visually. I just think the T1000 is too iconic to recycle. I don't know how I really feel about this.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
They did not do the main thing that I suggested, which was to NOT have John Connor or Sarah Connor as the main character. The biggest breath of fresh air they could give this series is to totally forget about the Connors. They should develop a new kind of situation with new characters and a new Terminator. I think they should change everything. I think they even need to change the music instead of always using that same old Terminator theme. It needs a total reset.
So you want a new Terminator movie with no Arnie, No soundtrack, no Connors, and No Judgement Day?. Shall we just call it something else aswell?.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

So you want a new Terminator movie with no Arnie, No soundtrack, no Connors, and No Judgement Day?. Shall we just call it something else aswell?.
First of all, Arnie is a grandpa on his way to being a great grandpa.

Second, yes. I want new everything, but obviously you can still make a Terminator movie even if you change a lot. There is still the look of the terminators and the fact that someone new could be a terminator.

I am so sick of the Judgment Day thing and I'm sick of the Connors -- to the point that I wish the terminators would just actually KILL THEM. Kill them forever.

It needs a complete refresh on all levels. Might be too late, though. I think this new movie is overkill. This movie would have been a great chance to start over from scratch. Unfortunately, they're not -- and I don't care if they think they're doing something different by changing the history of the Connors -- they still HAVE the Connors and that's the problem.

Seeing as time travel and alternate realities are a big theme of the franchise, I think it could definitely work with a brand new cast of characters - so long as it kept the central theme of Skynet and the Terminators trying to wipe out the human race,

To me having Arnie in the film (other than in a camo) at his age just seems forced. I mean it's been 30 years since the original film for crying out loud. Is he going to be wearing Depends?

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but there is actually a cut ending to Terminator 2 (in which the series ends there with Judgment Day never occurring).

Anyone who didn't like T3 can just pretend this is the official ending.

I like this because it not only shows us a fresh look at the Terminator franchise, but what exactly happens before the t-800 even arrives in our time. Plus it shows Kyle Reese receiving that iconic photo Sarah Connor had in T2: Judgement Day directly from John Connor himself. Also the fact that this film goes through different time periods throughout the film, makes it even more interesting,

It is a reboot in a sense and a re-imagining as well. So it does have identical type scenes and iconic dialogue to honor the classic originals, as well as give this new trilogy a classic spin.

Of course as always, when a reboot/reimagining of a film is planned and/or a trailer comes out, backlash and terrible thoughts abound way before people even see the movie. But that's how it goes I guess. Me, I'm thinking positive on all accounts until I myself see it for myself.

Since the trailer wasn't linked in the OP I'm linking it here:

After watching it I'm not as optimistic as I was - the level of GCI is a lot higher than either of the first 2 Terminator films, and the actress playing Sarah Conner is incredibly annoying, no where near as good as Linda Hamilton.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
OP = Other Planet.

I like that cut version of the T2 ending, not as good as the T2 lost highway style ending though but it's ok.

Welcome to the human race...

I'm not over the fact that Jai Courtney (the new Kyle Reese) looks an awful lot like Sam Worthington (the "good" Terminator from Salvation). What's with these new movies casting these near-identical white Australian guys, anyway?

Starship troopers marauder looks better than this.
Yep, looks like they're trading a decent plot and character development for over-the-top CGI action scenes. Since when did buses fly 50 feet in the air, or Arnold jump from helicopter to helicopter - in the first two films? Is Michael Bay directing this?

And they're trading Linda Hamilton for an annoying teenager who looks like she belongs in a Disney channel teen drama.

This will probably end up being the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull of the Terminator franchise.

And they're trading Linda Hamilton for an annoying teenager who looks like she belongs in a Disney channel teen drama.
lolol that's khaleesi dood + she's 27

lolol that's khaleesi dood + she's 27
lol, I really couldn't tell - she literally looks and sounds like a teenager, and was under the impression that the film takes place at an earlier time period in Sarah Conner's life.

I heard she's in Game of Thrones (but I still haven't gotten around to watching it).

http://www.wallpaperseries.com/files...0Wallpaper.jpg