Tarantino vs Miramax? Seriously?

Tools    

Quentin Tarantino Wants “Offensively Meritless” Miramax NFT Suit Tossed Out; Studio Sued Oscar Winner Over 'Pulp Fiction' Script Auction

“EXCLUSIVE: “That’s how you’re gonna beat ’em, Butch,” says Bruce Willis’ pugilistic character in Pulp Fiction. “They keep underestimating you,” the Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avery penned script adds.

Today those words from the 1994 flick at the heart of a lawsuit between Miramax and Tarantino seem prophetic as the Oscar winner basically told his former studio Christopher Walken-style to stick their legal action of last month where the sun don’t shine.”

https://deadline.com/2021/12/quentin...234888031/amp/

Stupid NTFs will be the end of the world as we know it. Hilarious how much chaos something that doesn’t actually exist has already caused across all industries.

The truth is in here
As much as I usually tend to favor the director over the studios, I'm glad this time that they stopped him. What the **** were you thinking, Quentin? Pulp Fiction NFTs??? That's not only dangerous for the environment, but not even a good idea since people always will prefer memorabilia they can own physically. Make more money off the movie if you want to, just don't resort to tactics that make you look greedier than Elon Musk.

NFTs what are those? I've not heard that term before and the article never defined what NFT stood for.
Non-fungible tokens or NFTs are cryptographic assets on blockchain with unique identification codes and metadata will that distinguish them from each other. Unlike cryptocurrencies, they cannot be traded or exchanged at equivalency.

I doubt that this helps, so in layman’s terms, they are a unique digital print of something. They cannot be traded like crypto but serve as proof that you “bought” something. Ish.

The above is probably not exactly correct. I’m sure crypto-savants can explain much better, I’m only going off info from fin tech bro ex.

https://www.investopedia.com/non-fun...ns-nft-5115211

NFTs what are those? I've not heard that term before and the article never defined what NFT stood for.
I think that another important aspect to understand is that it gives you the rights to the thing. And people who sell them can build in that they will always get a cut each time it is sold.

It is a digital asset, so the worth of it is always just what the market is for that item. And there's some extra volatility because it's tied to cryptocurrency.

A benefit of it is that people who create digital content can have more control over the profits from it.