Who's your favorite movie Nazi?

Tools    

Hitler - Dead or Alive (1942)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034857/

I would really like to see this one.
Hey, thanks for looking this up! That's the film, alright! But with Paul Fix rather than Allen Jenkins as I was imagining. There's a scene I remember where the three gangsters have teamed up with an innocent civilian (who also hates Hitler) and the four are in a German prison cell. Food of poor quality is served to them, and the civilian spits or throws some on the floor. The three ex-cons indignantly tell him to clean it up, because food on the floor attracts bugs into their "home." The ex-cons know how to best adapt to serving time. It's an interesting little movie that's worth seeing if you can run it down. It's been years since I last saw it but I still remember bits of it.

PS Did you check out the bio on Warren Hymer who played the third of the three cons? He made Hollywood history by peeing on Harry Cohn's desk after Cohn fired him for being drunk while shooting a movie. Wrecked his career, but lord what an image of Hollywood payback!!!

Ralph Fiennes for me in Schindlers List. Ultimately evil beyond belief - but sorry - still damn sexy. Gotta love that uniform.
Sad to say, even Jack Benny looked good--and dangerous--in a Nazi uniform.

A system of cells interlinked

Iam McKellen's Kurt Dussander from Apt Pupil.

Chaplin himself felt a bit odd about the film years later when he learned the extent of Hitler's crimes.

He also had stated when making the film that Hitler needed to be laughed at. For me, it just seems as if Hitler was too evil to merely be laughed at.

I think it's great that people like the movie and it is rather funny in parts, but I find it too painful to watch. I think it's because it was made during Hitler's time and before many of the most horrible crimes were committed. I can't help but look at it and wonder how Chaplin could have been so insightful and yet the world still allowed it all to happen... it's like why we didn't we all act faster? Could we have stopped him in 1941?

Sorry for the tangent; I find the subject of The Great Dictator and history to be pretty fascinating stuff.
It's surprising how often the Nazis folded or were ready to fold when met with resistance. My favorite story was when they took over Denmark (at least I think it was Denmark--should have looked it up before I started typing this) and degreed that on a certain date all Jews in that country were to wear Stars of David on their clothes to identify them. Comes the deadline and the king of Denmark appears in public wearing a Star of David. All the Danish citizens took the cue and put on Stars of David, so the Germans' couldn't tell the "real" Jews from the rest of the population. As a result, proportionately much fewer Jews were sent to the death camps from that country than from any other in Europe. Outside the Holocaust musem in Israel is a little grove of trees, each of which was planted as a memorial to non-Jews who helped protect Jews during the Nazi years. The only country to be so honored is Denmark.

As for The Great Dictator, like To Be or Not to Be, ridicule is a great weapon against evil men and should be used more often. The Nazis didn't seem like such Supermen when everyone was laughing at them.

Helga, from 'Allo, 'Allo.

Mainly because, occassionally, she did things like this.

Ahhh, yesss! There's something about (some) Nazis in garterbelts!!!
Besides which, 'Allo, 'Allo was a very funny program!

Glad someone remembered Shultz from Hogan's Heroes. He and Col. Klink were the best things from that series. This actor also played a mercenary and surprisingly effective anti-Nazi in the German Home Guard in the film 36 Hours.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

Im wondering does Derek Vinyard count as off the top of my head he is my favorite movie Nazi he is in one of my favorite movies. This is a very interesting thread and Im going to give this more thought and get back to you.

Im wondering does Derek Vinyard count as off the top of my head he is my favorite movie Nazi he is in one of my favorite movies. This is a very interesting thread and Im going to give this more thought and get back to you.
Sure he counts as a Nazi-come-lately. That character was every bit as slimey as Hitler himself.

Another "favorite Nazi" scene is in Stalag 17 when all the barracks inmates get made up like Hitler, prompting Schulz to say, "One is plenty!"

Surprised Liam Neeson as Oscar Schindler hasn't been mentioned. He may not have been like many of his counter parts, but he was still a member of the Nazi party.

Surprised Liam Neeson as Oscar Schindler hasn't been mentioned. He may not have been like many of his counter parts, but he was still a member of the Nazi party.
I, too, am surprised; surprised that you didn't see the huge picture of Neeson as Schindler that Mark posted on the second page of this thread.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Gear Kroenen from Hellboy total badass and butt ugly

A system of cells interlinked
No worries - if you want to make sure your images are OK after you post them, do a hard refresh on the browser page (CTRL F5). That will force all the images to re-load from the source, and you will get the error graphic then.

Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List for me

Kurt Jurgens was the Nazi I grew up watching, and of course, Werner Klemperer (Colonel Klink in Hogan's Heroes).