Your Favorite Dark Comedy Movie

Tools    

Serial Mom

It's so absurd, and perverse in it's content that you can't help but laugh.

...uh the post is up there...

Fear and Loathing in las vegas

Keeping Mum. A film about a little old lady who solves family problems by killing people.

The 3 that come to my mind right away are -

Fight Club
Dr. Strangelove
Snatch

I spent about 40 seconds coming up with this list, so I'm probably forgetting something.

Hi.
I also like Raising Arizona and it is really like "Comedy beyond belief".

I Love You To Death ( Lawrence Kasdan, 1990 ) - Remarkably, the film is based on a real event, but, it takes off from that base and becomes a screwball comedy in the classic style. Though the movie morbidly parodies what may not really be something to laugh at, the results are so damn hilarious, making this probably one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Clever writing, able direction and a stellar cast.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I looked under the "Dark Humor" category at Netflix and saw these films I've really liked.

All About Eve

Arsenic & Old Lace

Charade

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Most if not all the movies I would have listed have already been mentioned like American Psycho, Snatch, Lock Stock, American Beauty, Trainspotting etc but one I didn't see listed already was:

Death To Smoochy

Big Chico's Movie Blog
BY far my favorite has to be "War of the Roses", but "Death to Smoochy" is totally number two

Harold and Maude
Arsenic and Old Lace
Young Frankenstein
Beetlejuice
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
American Psycho

That's about all I can think of at the moment. The first two I recommend to anyone.

EDIT: I'll have to add 'Dr. Strangelove' to this list, having just watched it.

The Cable Guy by crazy Jim Carrey and American Psycho

Employee of the Month
The usual Suspects
Big Lebowski
American Beauty
Fight Club
Bad Santa
Very bad Things

+

One Night at McCool`s
Clerks
Employee of the Month (which I like very much)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Can somebody explain to me why they "like" Very Bad Things"? My daughter is even going to watch it at USC this semester, but I'm really hoping that the instructor uses it as a "Post-Modern" (her class is "Post-Modern" cinema) example of why cinema has gone to hell in a handbasket. I'll get back to you about that, but Soul Inside, how can you find anything funny whatsoever in Very Bad Things? I mean, even I realize that there were a few things borderline funny, but not all that much...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think Very Bad Things is a great Dark Comedy,

WARNING: "Very Bad Things" spoilers below
seeing some guys murder a prostitute then a security guard in a bathroom then continue to chop them up in to small neat packages is funny, but then to go on to rearrange them into the correct individual shallow grave is hilarious stuff (If done correctly and for me this was done well in Very Bad Things")

I think Christian Slater is fantastic in this movie his character is brilliant Imo and the lengths he goes just to stay out of jail is great

If you havent seen this movie you must!

Employee of the Month
Can somebody explain to me why they "like" Very Bad Things"? My daughter is even going to watch it at USC this semester, but I'm really hoping that the instructor uses it as a "Post-Modern" (her class is "Post-Modern" cinema) example of why cinema has gone to hell in a handbasket. I'll get back to you about that, but Soul Inside, how can you find anything funny whatsoever in Very Bad Things? I mean, even I realize that there were a few things borderline funny, but not all that much...
Borderline is right. It`s about five rats roamin around in Vegas, like a bad and authentic version of the tame three guys in Hangover. I like to watch ****ed up people doing ****ed up things - it`s that simple. VBT is not very sophisticated and not one of my favourite movies. But at the end, it`s good, nasty entertainment.

Employee of the Month
I go for the defintion: Making fun of bad things.
So, Lebowski is definitely dark humour.

Usual suspects? Maybe you are right with this one. But I only remember the end, the small, ****ed up fishs and Stephen Baldwin (nice guy, funny face).